Ok so new tank...overpriced???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

king_of_biscuit

Aquarium Advice Regular
I didnt know where else to put it but
My friend wants to seel me his old tank..its only about three months old and i just want to know wat its worth is.....

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1415882754557.jpg
    1415882754557.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 94
What size? No more than $1/gal. Imo..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

About 75 gallons but im getting the cupboard its standing on plus all the decor and stuff

I'd pay $100 for it..

Its custom made

For someone else.. if you dig it? A nice stand can run $150+ so.... the tank is worth $75 all day long.. if he wants it gone than capitalize on convenience. .

Ok bro oh and he has hifin pangasius and a fire eel that his also giving me

What's your offer $$??

I bought and sold my 75 for $275. A dollar per gallon is great for just a tank, but if you think you can find a complete 75 gallon setup for $75 you're dreaming.

Whether the tank is 3 months old or 3 years old doesn't matter - used is used. Hopefully your friend is realistic and doesn't try to recoup the money they spent. Check out Craigslist and see what comparable tanks are being listed at, and go from there.

The fish are completely irrelevant to the price.

Were it me I would offer $150 and go from there. $100 is really low balling IMO, which, depending on your friend, might not be received well. But then I gave a complete 55 setup to a friend for free, so I would happily take $100 from a friend for a 75. Really depends on your friend I think. In any event, know what similar used setups are going for so you can be prepared to offer a legitimate justification for your offer. However, prices vary by region so $100 might be a good offer.

I've seen on many websites they have 1 gallon for $3-4 and so just multiply 3 or 4 by how many gallons are in your tank and that's how much money it will be.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Whell he is offereng me the whole thing fish tank setup decor filter everything for $400...is that a good price or is he playing me

What are the specifics? Filter? Heater? Light?

I dont know if ull know it but he has a tetratec1200 external filter and a Daro heater (my other tanks has the same heater) and i dont know wat type of light

That's kind of pricey.. I'd see if he'd go down to $300..

Put it this way... brand new... 75 with stand $250-$300, canister filter $50-150, heater $20-50. $ light $40-....., substrate and decor another $50..

Ok bro oh and he has hifin pangasius and a fire eel that his also giving me

My mate tried to sell me a tank, I said do you want it? He said no.

I said I'll take it off your hands but I'm not paying for the privilege.
I got a free tank with a nice shiny filter.

It sounds like you will be doing him a favour. He has fish he no longer wants, anybody I know with fish would prefer not to part with there charges. I wouldn't give away my fish much like I wouldn't give away my dog!

Buy a lead comes with free dog! :ROFLMAO:

Try your luck! After all you are assisting him in the removal of unwanted fish which are becoming increasingly problematic, what size does pangasius grow to?
100cm plus, what do you need for that 400-2000 litres maybe?

And a fire eel? What's that full grown? 50+cms!

How much will that pair cost to feed?
How much will the tank cost to properly home the catfish?
Trust me, you are doing him a favour if you take the fish for free, the tank comes with them at the same rate.

If however he decides to re home the fish, perhaps money could be exchanged.

I swapped a tank for a bottle of vodka, filter heater stand etc.

That's a mates rate! (y)

Back
Top Bottom