Skimmer pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
is that a diy sump? if so cut thefirst chamber down, your water level is to high, most skimmers work best in 7-10 inches of water and it doesn't look like you have the clearance to raise it up any more. plus you'll never get a good skimmate it'll always be wet with the water level the way it is in the skimmer

It's a glass sump. Yeah I can't move skimmer any higher. I just turned the pump down a little (supplying the skimmer). It's a bigger pump than the skimmer can handle. That's why I was getting water into the collection cup so fast. Now it's working good. I was thinking about getting a smaller hob skimmer and mounting it to the side of sump...

image-490561306.jpg

Here is my hob skimmer on my sump. Reef octopus on a 20 gallon long sump, fed to a 55 gallon display tank.

I built this so that now the skimmer is only in 8.5" of water. Seems to skimm better.

image-1267460939.jpg

Attachments

• image-3423317232.jpg
    image-3423317232.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 53
Ok lol dont know what happened to the order of the pics but last one was the "before" one lol!! Stupid phone. :p

Sump is custom made because i had a hard time looking for tank that fits my stand. It's 36x12x12. DT is 55 gal long.

Back
Top Bottom