Tetratec Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NetBloke

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey does anyone have a Tetratec filter with a built in heater?

I am thinking of getting one for my tank with Grandpa in it (a big old mexican cichlid that loves to try and smash the heater in there now).

Plus it would just look nicer!

I got a tetratec 300 for my discus tank about 6 months ago. I really like it, the water is staying at a constant 82. It does a nice job, but can be finicky to get back to its "blooping" after a water change. The blooping is the noise it makes as it refills the storage area and then flushes. It is a unique design that I liken to a toilet tank fill and flush. The website had some very nice info on its workings. You might want to check it out.
Also, remember that the heater is sold seperately, which does make it rather expensive. The bigger sizes have 4 filter cartridges in them, I rotate them out every other month. That way you save a little money.
Seems to work for me.
They have a virtual tour at the tetra website, just look under filters to find it.
http://www.tetra-fish.com/aquarium/index.html

Thanks for that! I am going to order one now. The big one is on special at foster and allen's web site.

I think having the heater internal is great.

I will have to let you all know how it turns out!

I have a friend who has one and it does work well, but it makes a glugging sound every few minutes when it fills up and dumps into the tank. I'm sure it's just an adjustment, but after a while you get used to it and don't notice it anyway.

it has to make the glugging noise, if it isn't, it isn't working properly. Just one of the things you have to live with.

Back
Top Bottom