Wich filter is better??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wich is better?

• Hob

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canister

• Sump

• Sponge

• diamond

• Total voters
i have a canister filter. i think you can put more media into canister filters. thats just me though, i dunno bout the rest of ya'll

If you have a really high bio-load I would suggest a wet/dry filter in a sump.. If you have a really big tank I would suggest the same.. or even looking into algae scrubber in a sump for a really big tank..

It all depends on what size tank you have. For example, I wouldn't put a canister on my 5 gal tank, but I wouldn't use hob's for my 55 or 150 gal tanks.

I agree with everyone else, depends on the tank size, fish, plants, tank shape, etc. That being said. I prefer the canister filters. They don't need as much weekly work and can handle a good size bioload. Just MHO.

I think sumps are gods gift to aquariums. You can run everything from the sump AND it gives you more water to work with. Personally, if money was not a limiting factor for me I would have a huge sump with a heater in it hooked up to a can-filter.

Joe

Yeah, the question is a little ambigous. Without having tank specs and the like, the filtration is then a question of choice.

Here's a better question: "What type of filter would you use for a 55 gal planted tank?"

I have 2 Emperor 400's on my 125. Minimal maintenance required. The only time they irritate me is when a snail gets into the impeller. That drives me NUTS :evil: , but fortunately it doesn't happen too often. I've never considered any other filters for the tank. I also have an Emperor 280 on my 30gal.

Always sumps for me, the ultimate in versatility, a large increase in available surface area for gas exchange and the ability to hide all the ugly necessities from view.

Back
Top Bottom