Will this work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello. Next week I will do my new sump. I used for 5 years external pump Gen X but in my new sump I will use Mag 12.It will be in the sump. My question is in case of emergency if something goes wrong with Mag you think I can use that GenX like in my second picture? First is my actual set up. It will be glass sump and I do not want to drill for pump I'm not plan to use. Please let me know. Emergency means in my case like couple weeks < in case I will need time to fix it or do not have money to buy new one> I know it might be hard on the pump to suck that water up and down and up again. Please let me know what you think.

Attachments

• DSC00594.jpg
    DSC00594.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 61
Yes, it'll work. I did the same thing with my Iwaki pump. I made a u-tube from PVC pipe that hung over sump and actually ran my system like that for months. Just make sure tube almost touches bottom of sump and has a pre-filter (sponge) on it. If it's too close to surface of water in sump when evaporation occurs you'll break siphon.

Back
Top Bottom