Redid my tank..... Again!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mumma.of.two

Aquarium Advice Obsessed
I can NEVER get my 70g tank to look any good IMO. It always looks... Blah! So I've ripped everything out and started again.

image-1411180805.jpg
Best effort so far. I like it, I think.
Thoughts?
Before pics in my profile.

I like it. I like how the right side if very full but the left side is a bit more sparse. I think that makes it look more natural and I like ot do my tanks that way because the fish can choose between open space and more cover. :) I really like the wood in there too. It looks great!

absolutangel04 said:
I like it. I like how the right side if very full but the left side is a bit more sparse. I think that makes it look more natural and I like ot do my tanks that way because the fish can choose between open space and more cover. :) I really like the wood in there too. It looks great!

Thanks! :)

jetajockey said:
Looks great. Being able to see the bulbs in the fixture kinda throws the focus off the tank for me, but the scape looks really natural.

Thank you!
The tank has a matching hood that makes it look nice and neat but my fixture doesn't fit in it. I have to take a grinder to the insides of it to make the lights fit but I haven't gotten around to it yet. :hide:

Edit: I'm very happy I found all my cories! My RTS has been terrorizing them and I've only ever seen 3 at a time but all 5 are there. :D

Mumma.of.two said:
A clearer picture from this morning.

I like it ALOT Mumma!! Love the natural look!(but you know that) It takes real talent to get that great natural look! Love it! GREAT job!!

:)

You have a very beautiful tank. I love aquariums, they're like a little look into a different dimension when people get creative with it.

absolutangel04 said:
It looks very cool with the hood. :)

Thanks! I wish I did it months ago!

Talvari said:
Beautiful!

Thank you. :)

CharAsh said:
You have a very beautiful tank. I love aquariums, they're like a little look into a different dimension when people get creative with it.

Thank you. I love how they are like little pieces of nature. I really enjoy creating tanks. I guess that one of the reasons I've ended up with so many. Lol

How many tanks do you have? I only have two so far, a 55gal and a 30gal. At the moment my 55 is empty except for plants and some pond snails and my 30 has pond guppies because it turned it into a mini aquaponic setup.

CharAsh said:
How many tanks do you have? I only have two so far, a 55gal and a 30gal. At the moment my 55 is empty except for plants and some pond snails and my 30 has pond guppies because it turned it into a mini aquaponic setup.

Eight! A 2.5g betta, 8g betta, 10g betta and rasboras, 17g community, 26g goldfish, 40g goldfish, 70g community and an 8g riparium that's empty.

This looks amazing I love the way its looks so natural, I hate fake looking tanks I prefer them to look like they would in the wild.

Wow 8 tanks I thought I had a lot with 6 :)

I have 2 x 125 gallons, 1 x 75 gallon, 1 x 55 gallon, 1 x 46 gallon and finally a 10 gallon

richpowell1989 said:
This looks amazing I love the way its looks so natural, I hate fake looking tanks I prefer them to look like they would in the wild.

Wow 8 tanks I thought I had a lot with 6 :)

I have 2 x 125 gallons, 1 x 75 gallon, 1 x 55 gallon, 1 x 46 gallon and finally a 10 gallon

Thank you!
Haha! I've got 6 small 2 big. You've got some pretty big tanks there compared to mine!

Wow you guys have so many tanks! I'm jealous, but not jealous of all the maintenance I'm sure it takes to up keep them. If I had more time and money I would love to have a tank larger than 55gal and have mumma help design the layout for me

Mumma.of.two said:
Thank you!
Haha! I've got 6 small 2 big. You've got some pretty big tanks there compared to mine!

It was easy for me to get hold if them my dad owns his own fish shop ( and a big 1 at that ) so as soon as I moved out of my mums place a few years ago he hooked me up and gave me all of them.

He always rings me up and asks if I want stuff but I keep saying its the last one but I always end up getting another one :)

My latest project I setup last month

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120203_094358.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120203_094358.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 146
richpowell1989 said:
It was easy for me to get hold if them my dad owns his own fish shop ( and a big 1 at that ) so as soon as I moved out of my mums place a few years ago he hooked me up and gave me all of them.

He always rings me up and asks if I want stuff but I keep saying its the last one but I always end up getting another one :)

My latest project I setup last month

Jealous! No one (except my 3yo) in my whole family is interested in fish keeping.
Cool tank btw!

Back
Top Bottom