From beginning to End

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alrighty, heres ALOT of pictures. Ill be walking you through them. ;D

Here's my battered up Zoos that aren't looking to good. Don't know why. :/
2hwofeu.jpg

Here's my purple firefish that i've come to like. He chills outside the rocks now.
2z9bexu.jpg

Here's my emerald crab next to my candy cane coral:
k0gihj.jpg

And here's my candy cane coral next to my emerald crab.
2ntafmh.jpg

A couple snails and my green birdsnest frag which i think looks awesome.
4r99pg.jpg

Here are my Xenias that seem to not want to open up anymore.. :(
rc8nix.jpg

Here's my hammer coral that has 4 heads:
29p42f4.jpg

Tried to get a good picture of my cleaner, but was a little tough because hes a quick one.
mv55x1.jpg

You are looking at the tube of my poor decimated feather duster. :'( Shed a tear for my poor duster that became snail food.
2hmjvk9.jpg

Here are my green stay polyps which are my favorite coral so far. Love these. And they're doing awesome too.
ric22c.jpg

If you look next to the ball of cheato, you'll find my 2nd emerald crab. :D
2qbsw9j.jpg

FTS:
j7ux7a.jpg

Side Shot:
2zdppgn.jpg

Just a little feather duster and some plants taking root into my sand.
23ksweb.jpg

So anyways, other than my GSP's, you guys think my other coral look ok? Besides the Xenia and the Zoas. Do the rest look healthy?

Like it all. The zoas do look rather beat up though, but give them time. I like your emerald crabs and your teeny weenie feather duster.

Yeah, so the snails produce slime.. and a lot of it.. and it stick to the sand, and then it like floats up in the water current.. so now i have like sandy strings of slime just floating in the water.. its weird. And yes.. once i get a sump or refugium, im going to put the chaeto in that.

Yeah, so the snails produce slime.. and a lot of it.. and it stick to the sand, and then it like floats up in the water current.. so now i have like sandy strings of slime just floating in the water.. its weird.
Thats weird, are you just letting it get sucked up by the filter or are you picking it out? Kinda makes me want hermits instead of snails in that case.

Hermits don't do half the work that snails do. You will have to have snails at some point. Hermits will kill those snails for their shell if they feel that they need a bigger one. Adding extra shells may work, but the problem is that the hermits need to find the shells first. Those shells will become buried by sand over time and will not move, a moving snail will be easier for the hermit to find. HTH.

Dang your tank is coming along nicely! I cant wait to actually put something living in it! (other than my catfish.. o_O)

Using my thread as on offtopic lounge are we11!!?!!?!1!?!?

J/k.. What's all this ruckus about an old angry catfish??

tank looks great zero. i would love to switch over to salt water but i just dont have enough money lol

Back
Top Bottom