From beginning to End

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also forgot to mention and i don't know how i didn't realize before but your clowns have a nice oarnge shade. They are very bright.

The feather dusters can go anywhere. In my tank I hhave them in the sand, stuck in rock crevaces, etc. Personally I prefer them inside hole and crack between rocks because it looks more natural, but I also have them in the sand with no issues.

Yeah, i didn't think it would be that big of a deal for a little bit. I'm getting some new things today, so i have to stick my hand in the tank anyways. So thats when ill be moving things around and stickin their butts in the sand.

Nice looking there Zer0. Yeah the firefish is a little on timid side when by themselves, they recommend getting them in pairs which is what I did and both of them are always out and about. Your clowns seem to be playing nice to each other now which is good to see. I didn't know you could put Chaeto in the tank like that.

Lol, yeah i was told to just rubber band it to rocks and throw it in there. Idk, but we will see how that fairs out now wont we. ;)

The feather dusters are wierd...Somehow they attach themselves to rocks and sand. For example, my purple duster was my first duster put in my tank a few months ago. All I did was slide it into a hole between 2 rocks, and now it attached itself to the rocks and now I cant pull it out. Pretty much whereever you put it it will stay...lol

Also the firefish do do better in pairs/groups. I have a pair in my 20L and the only time they are hiding is when they're sleeping. We also have a pair of firefish in my work's thousand gallon reef with a bunch of other larger fish like tangs and such, and they are alsys out and about as well.

Just as a point of interest, how are you going to filter this set-up? if you are starting a Reef tank and it is empty - I would drill the tank anduse a DSB sump, its by far the best and least trouble once running....

Its not empty.. and i have a bit of things in there already. Some coral, fish, and inverts. As for the filter.. im using roughly 80lbs of live rock as biological filtration. Im also running a protein skimmer.. So yeah. Don't have a sump either.

Just as a point of interest, how are you going to filter this set-up??
If your going to set up a reef tank, and its currently empty, i would strongly suggest you drill the tank and fit a wier with a dorsel and DSB sump as this is by far the best and easiest to maintain, all your skimmers, reactors, autotop ups etc can go on it and leave your tank clear

Its not empty.. and i have a bit of things in there already. Some coral, fish, and inverts. As for the filter.. im using roughly 80lbs of live rock as biological filtration. Im also running a protein skimmer.. So yeah. Don't have a sump either.
You beat me to it Zer0, I thought your thread clearly stated what your present status was.

filtration.........

Idk, i think it will be pretty cool to show people how im doing this from scratch, and maybe give people starting out an idea as well. Anyways, here goes.

To start off.. heres what my small freakin room looks like with tons of stuff all over the place:

dbp1sw.jpg

2w4duli.jpg

And heres my 55G with the black background. Yeah i know the white part looks crooked.. and thats because i didnt have enough and well.. it is crooked. lulz.
e0gwon.jpg

Ill keep this updated if you guys think its a good idea. :)

Cheers.
Looking good, what are you doing for filtration? I suggest wier, sump and DSB if your keeping corals....:new-alien:

Haha, i thought so too Inferno. But.. i guess it wasn't clear enough.. :p

Excuse me, and my laptop!! its running terribly at min, hence my reply to your reply of my reply!! it crashed out and I didnt realise it had posted!!
You could use sand in tank with critters to clean it through.
sorry i never read your postings through properly, i saw your tank empty and presumed it still was. Oh happy days, i like to se new setups develop, need more piccys please...

Haha, i will get some more pics, but you should check out page 50. Thats were the most recent ones are. ;)

;)
Excuse me, and my laptop!! its running terribly at min, hence my reply to your reply of my reply!! it crashed out and I didnt realise it had posted!!
You could use sand in tank with critters to clean it through.
sorry i never read your postings through properly, i saw your tank empty and presumed it still was. Oh happy days, i like to se new setups develop, need more piccys please...
You must not have a Mac.

No, never tried MAC, i do have a good desktop but am in lounge at min - am about to turn this thing into a 3d jigsaw!!

No, never tried MAC, i do have a good desktop but am in lounge at min - am about to turn this thing into a 3d jigsaw!!
Cool, You should try one they run both Mac os and the Windows OS. I'll never go back.
Yoooooooooo Zeeeeeeerrrrr000000, need some more pics.

Back
Top Bottom