From beginning to End

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah its alright tho, later on in my saltwater career i will most likely build a sump. But for now im just going to stay in check with what i've got.

Well keep us updated. Looks like it is going smoothly, except for the whole skimmer thing.

Yeah it wasnt really a problem lol, it was more like a dislike. But we shall see how it works tonight. :D

Man, I think you totally made the right call on the Octopus. I know HOB skimmers are an eyesore, but I've consistently seen reviews/opinions that agree that they are some of the best skimmers on the market for the price.

Hey, I have an idea... send us the Octopus, and we'll send you our crappy Coralife. ;)

Can I just ask... How is it a "secret" society if its in your sig..?

LOL
The mason's usually have the emblem on there cars it's the same deal just because you know our name doesn't mean you know what we do.;)
(WHISPER)He's from arkansas, he's not to bright........(WHISPER)

Just kidding! :D
How dare someone from Illinois say anything about an Arkansan. This means war.:peace:
Don't make me put you on the list too.
LOL. I guess some funds should go to keeping our team awake 24/7 XD But in any case, Razorback did give me the idea to reinforce the stand so thanks for that idea bro.

They also say xmas only comes once a year, but i beg to differ. Today when i woke up at 2pm i walked downstairs pretty sleepily and was confronted by a pile of boxes loool.

So like heres the full extent of what i got in the mail today. Please not that every single oneof these is from a different seller, but they all arrived today lol.

http://i28.tinypic.com/15noh2t.jpg

Heres the ro/di unit, but has anyone noticed how large these units are? They're pretty big..

http://i32.tinypic.com/35d70qe.jpg

And here we've got the 2x koralia #2

http://i31.tinypic.com/2vshmcw.jpg

And here is the reef octopus that i have yet to put together because i have work in an hour and theres a ton of pieces to the skimmer lol.

http://i27.tinypic.com/4scoap.jpg
Im so excited!

Na im not doing a sump. Dont have the time and money to build one right now. Plus, i dont really feel like it either.
Indeed all that NoDoze and and coffee by the drum gets expensive not to mention the build up of the war effort against the one they call thominil.:grin:
I have a good idea every once in a while, congrats on the new toys I love getting stuff in bunches like that.

Yes, yes i does.

Anyways, time for update on teh thread.

Heres my RO setup. Its funny, but it gets work done:

And so like, that container you see the RO unit in, had some leftover aragonite in there and i hadn't checked on it for about a week. Well, i looked at it today since i needed to use it and as i was moving it around, bugs started crawling out of the sand. And that included, Silverfish, Ants, a couple small beetles, and a ladybug. Since when did ladybugs like sand!!?? I also decided that since i has no critters in my tank, im just going to fill it with water and then mix the salt in there. But i would never directly mix salt in the tank when i had critters in there, otherwise it would fry them. xD

Attachments

• P7260275.jpg
    P7260275.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 66
And heres a little tip for noobies using RO system. If by any chance you ever miss the part where the first filter canisters fill up, and you dont know if they actually did fill up, just tap the canisters that are supposed to be filled with your finger nail or something hard and if its a dull sound then they are full. If itsa hollow sound then clearly its not. A little basic but then again, some people may not know this ;) I just compared the sound of the canisters that were supposed to be filled to the sound of the last canister that is not supposed to be filled all the way.

And as for the skimmer that everyone's keeps hearing about, here it is. To be honest, this is some thick plastic its made out of. Extremely durable IMO.

167senl.jpg

I am actually curious how much it is gonna show in the tank. I mean how noticable it gonna be.

Well i have a black background, so i dont think its going to be THAT noticeable, but if you were looking for it you would easily find it.

And as for the skimmer that everyone's keeps hearing about, here it is. To be honest, this is some thick plastic its made out of. Extremely durable IMO.

I'm currently looking at the 100F for my 75 Gallon and I was wondering if your skimmer is noticeably loud. I'm still on the fence about getting the 100F or building a sump and going with one of the other Octopus models (but that would require drilling my 75 or getting an overflow but that's another thread all together ;)).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom