jose7878 new 150 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just calibrated my ph probes on my calcium reactor controller and my ph monitor man were they off.
I guess that something I will have to do monthly to make sure their reading accurate.
Looks like either my nassarius snails or asteara snail laid some eggs. I guess I will have a bigger CUC.

Woke up this morning did my morning routine. Went to check my tank which is in the basement. As I'm walking down the steps I notice my carpet is saturated in water.(I'm like what the...) I go directly to the tank everything is fine. So now I go to equipment side thinking I left my ro/di system running. (I'm getting older so sometime I forget that I left it running , and only lose a few gallons on the ground). So I didn't leave it on.
Apparently the hose that goes into the post filter busted and 240 gallons on the floor.

Wife was pissed. I told her to look on the bright side. She was like what bright side. My remark was ( look how clean this side of the carpet is now). Her remark back was I'm stupid and giggled. I guess I get to keep my tank still. Yay

Wow, what a bummer. One sunny side is that it wasn't salt water!!
Good luck with the clean-up, Jose! :)

Well tackled my ro/di leak. I thought it was hose that bursted apparently my first canister cracked just under the o-ring.

Made a trip to the hidden reef and bought a new canister and replaced it. The new canister is Definetly a better quality. Hope I don't have this issue again. Lol

Flreefer said:
Might want to check the other canisters for signs of wear!

The other canister have been replace months back. Those were replace cause the threads were separating from the canister.
That's what I get for buying a corallife ro system.

Cool, just trying to think ahead!! Wouldn't want the same thing to happen to you next week too!!
Enjoy your tank, Jose. :)

Just Got some new frags today
ORA Ponape birds nest
Birds of paradise
Red acan lord
Pink Monti
Radioactive Dragon eye Zoas

Wow! Great build! That's alot of "stuff" to keep it running clean... lol
Good luck with it all!

SC350Z said:
Wow! Great build! That's alot of "stuff" to keep it running clean... lol
Good luck with it all!

Thanx. It was fun building this tank setup especially since I'm a hands on guy.

I have to update the pics but my daughter cracked the screen on the camera. So I have to wait till I get a new camera or just replace the screen.

Update pic.
img_2061096_0_2eaf91948bc7c30a47ca6726ada38edf.jpg

Just had a huge set back. For some reason lost just about all my corals. Don't know why. Tested all my parameters and all are range. The only different thing that I've done was I changed salt due to that they didn't have the salt that I used. I always use Red Sea Salt Pro this time I bought Seachem reef salt.
Do you guys think the salt could've effected my corals?

This is my 2nd catastrophe in 8yrs with a huge amount of money lost in corals actually thinking of selling my system.

Back
Top Bottom