jose7878 new 150 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well finished the other side. Not my best work but looks okay to me.

Attachments

• image-169699620.jpg
    image-169699620.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 124
  • image-1479443787.jpg
    image-1479443787.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 122
Found out that petco was having their $1 a gallon special. So I picked up a 40 gal breeder to make a frag system. Thaw frag system will be plumb directly to the DT that way water chemistry and temp will always match.
Drilled the tank

Attachments

• image-4085460787.jpg
    image-4085460787.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 116
Built my own overflow box with some plexi I had laying around and painted it black with krylon paint.

Attachments

• image-1597254547.jpg
    image-1597254547.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 103
I'm gonna add about a 1" of sand. Build the frag rack. And save up for some AI Sol LEDs for the lighting.

Looks good Jose. Nice to see you here too. Caught a break on that rock slide that could have been a disaster. I just read through the while thread. I wish I would have thought about cutting down my old tank instead of taking it apart first. Would have been do much easier plus it would not be sitting in a pile in the garage. Anyway the new scape looks good.

Looks good Jose. Nice to see you here too. Caught a break on that rock slide that could have been a disaster. I just read through the while thread. I wish I would have thought about cutting down my old tank instead of taking it apart first. Would have been do much easier plus it would not be sitting in a pile in the garage. Anyway the new scape looks good.

Yeah John I'm all over. Lol

Newest addition Multicolor Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse

Attachments

• image-2144271683.jpg
    image-2144271683.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 82
Love your system. I am sorry to hear like others have said about your losses. You just keep rolling with the punches man that's awesome. I cant wait to see this 40breeder up and running. You are very crafty and have awesome work. I'm still a newbie and look up to tanks like yours. Very nice.

Beautiful! Wish my hubby would build me something similar then I could upgrade to a larger tank. I'm glad you hung in there. Must have been difficult with so much loss although you worked so hard, it would have been very sad to not get to watch such a beautiful setup flourish. Good luck - looking forward to following the rest if your build.

Love your system. I am sorry to hear like others have said about your losses. You just keep rolling with the punches man that's awesome. I cant wait to see this 40breeder up and running. You are very crafty and have awesome work. I'm still a newbie and look up to tanks like yours. Very nice.

Thanx for the compliments. I've been doing this for about 10 yrs and always learning. The thing that I've learned in this hobby is patience.

Beautiful! Wish my hubby would build me something similar then I could upgrade to a larger tank. I'm glad you hung in there. Must have been difficult with so much loss although you worked so hard, it would have been very sad to not get to watch such a beautiful setup flourish. Good luck - looking forward to following the rest if your build.

Thank you

Just picked a yellow tang last week. He's in my frag tank right now until I know he safe to put in my DT. In terms of safe I mean parasite free.

Attachments

• image-337279067.jpg
    image-337279067.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 93
And just picked him up from another reefer. He's a Filefish.

Attachments

• image-1392985282.jpg
    image-1392985282.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 84
The filefish he pretty cool looking don't know yet if I'm gonna put him in the DT or just pass him along.

Nice looking fish man. I hear those filefish are hard to get eating sometimes. Has he been eating?

Back
Top Bottom