Just got my first liveaquaria coral order (pics inside)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

born2chill

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got my first online coral order and I am a bit underwhelmed. I performed a 2 hour drip acclimation on the corals and just placed them in a few minutes ago. I realize that the corals should look better as they acclimate, but I'm not liking what I see so far. The corals seemed to be packed nicely, but I guess some mishaps happened along the way.

img_369173_0_e61f2b43cbad04b5b279d729039d33de.jpg

First of all my supercolored zoos were supposed to come attached to a rock, but somehow they weren't and the customer service rep at liveaquaria has no idea how they were shipped without an attached rock. That's not the worst part of it, the coral was broken into 2 pieces. The cust. rep said to have the coral acclimate and if I have any problems they would ship another one out.

img_369173_1_fd4e10b824198a3d4567f817fecc8365.jpg

My supposed candycane coral looks nothing like any candycane I've ever seen, but I'll let the pictures do the talking for me. Oh and a little pice of the tip of a branch was broken off as well.

img_369173_2_04e1ec7e3a82a5ee73f11bbb87777e5d.jpg

Toadstool looks ok to me, but who knows with my luck. My peps went on the toadstool as soon as I put it in the tank.

img_369173_3_3ca330c297a0a95120bc3a67e1d819d6.jpg

Here is a shot of the corals in my tank. They clouded up the water a bit when I [put them in since the water they were shipped in was filthy. I guess at this point I'll just hope for the best. Any advice/comments on my new corals would be greatly appreciated.

img_369173_4_b77c06ed72aa6688e41abb771d37ba8c.jpg

More pictures to come tomorrow as I turn my lights on and see if they show more life.

I say have them replace the candycane and the zoos.

EX the zoos if 1. Broken and 2. No rock.

Have them replace it.

Hmm. Are your descriptions above the pics? The top pic looks like a trumpet coral with some recession. The second one, from what I can see looks like it may be a torch coral. Cant wait for updated pics.

You know what, I am an idiot. Fluff you are correct. The top picture is a broken candy cane coral. I now believe that branch to be my super-colered zoos. I guess those green dots on it are the buttons closed up? Thanks a lot for your comment. I just called up liveaquaria to clear up my confusion.

edit: Tank has been set up for over 3 months. It is fishless due to an ich outbreak that recently occured. I have a 30 gal QT set up now.

Back
Top Bottom