Pic hosting help (with full tank shot picture link. 3Mb)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone have pointers on a better picture taking techniques? This is a new camera so I am still learning. If you enlarge the pic you can see more of the corals but they are out of focus. :? I will try again to get more corals in the picture in the days to come.

Er, ok....

So.....

That's just ONE side of your tank!? 8O

Jealousy abounds...

Hehe looks great, can't wait to see the other side!

I get nothing but an ad about internet hosting.

Upload2.net
Free file and image web hosting. Share your files across the internet!
Magic Square Game | Forum | Affiliates | Advertise here | Upload files | Upload photos |
Become our premium member! We accept VISA, AmericanExpress, MasterCard credit cards and PayPal payments. For more information go here

damm,

That is impressive.
The clown up top looks tiny in there.

some time write down your supplement regime.

p.s.

Next time I'm in the area when can I stop by and see it in person.javascript:emoticon('8O')
Shocked

To be totally honest your gonna need to resize these kinds of images before to many people wil take the time to download them. I have broadband and while it might only take me 20 sec or so to download it Im not gonan wait that long per image to see alot of them and the poor dialup folks will never see them.

Here is your exact same image simply resized to a leel where its still quite large. 1600px wide vs the org file. Note how the file size is 10+ fold smaller.

Attachments

• untitled-stitched-14.jpg
    untitled-stitched-14.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 39
brenden.jpg

I resized it for you. 800 pixels wide and about 300kb file size.

I could back up and fit the whole tank in a normal size pic. What I am trying to accomplish is be able to focus in on each thing. If you look at the pic full size you see several fish and lots of corals you can not see if pic is reg size. This is my first attempt and I did it quick but in the future I hope to be able to zoom in and see each coral (in focus). I am on a T3 so I bet dial up would be a headache.

When I view the full size image this is all I can see of the entire deal with a 21" monitor at 1280X1024. About the only thing in focus is the themostat on the back wall. A nice warm 77.7 I belive.

I understand the concept of stitching a series of images together but the reality is most folks will be seeing his at 1024px wide max so having an image thats 7600px wide is just a bit much. A set of 5 or so images that are 1024 wide in a left to right series would permit slow connected users to view the images going left to right accomplishing the same thing as far as detail and at the same time doing a full tank shot to show the overall visual view.

I just cant come up with to many image places that would permit hosting of such giant images.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 19
Actually that would be 77 by the tank and 71 in the house. :D It is amazing what 2500watts of MH light will do to your room temperature. I had to get a second thermostat installed because the tank created it own temp enviroment. As far as the pic goes...What can I say? The camera operator needs work. This was my first attempt. I may have to take more pics focused on each coral stitch them together then shrink the image. I am open to all suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom