Rescape idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone! I want honest opinions on this scape. I really like it, but the arch on the right is what is in question. I love the look, but it isnt 100% stable and it is tough to place coral on it...hence the reason it has nothing except for some Teal polyps that have grown over. Any way, i am considering just taking it down and getting a couple more pieces of rock for it. I would see about building it up against the back wall to give it more of a sloped look. Thoughts?

Feel free to critique the rest of the scape...if you arent saying SOMTHING bad about it then you arent helping! Haha thanks everyone. Heres a pic from the tank as it stands...

Attachments

• image-833048192.jpg
    image-833048192.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 186
Don't put it against the back glass. I have mine like that and it is a huge pain to keep clean. Just get another rock or 2 to even things out or make something more pronounced and call it a day.

Sniperhank said:
Don't put it against the back glass. I have mine like that and it is a huge pain to keep clean. Just get another rock or 2 to even things out or make something more pronounced and call it a day.

The back wall? When do you clean it? I have never cleaned mine..but then again, i dont have coralline.

So pronounced, what do you mean by that? Just more filled in? Thanks Hank!!!

How about taking the piece in question and propping it into the corner below it and have it arch towards the center of the front glass down to the sandbed since most your rock work runs left to right it'll break up the symmetrical look.

And just searched for your video on YouTube to get some better angles before coming to that conclusion too haha

Sniperhank said:
I always have algae growth on my glass, and I don't mean coralline. And yes, filed in would work.

Thanks for the idea! Thats definitly on my mind. Just stack it up but have room to gret to the glass.

Mrc8858 said:
How about taking the piece in question and propping it into the corner below it and have it arch towards the center of the front glass down to the sandbed since most your rock work runs left to right it'll break up the symmetrical look.

Im having trouble visualizing this even with the tank in front of me! Lol. So where should the arch start? And it will end on the sandbed around where the GSP is?

Above and left of I believe your toadstool to start and end left of the gsp

You may need to move the toadstool or tweak the rock to avoid to much coverage over it though kinda hard to tell on the video

Edit* maybe even start above and to the right so the toadstool would be visible through the arch

Mrc8858 said:
You may need to move the toadstool or tweak the rock to avoid to much coverage over it though kinda hard to tell on the video

Edit* maybe even start above and to the right so the toadstool would be visible through the arch

Hmm, okay i see it now!! I like how it changes things up, but what about coral placement? Im thinking i wouldnt have a ton of places. What if i build up the area where the right arch is, then see if i can put an arch right down the middle? Maybe thatd look good

Well if you move that down you could start hunting around for a good table rock and base to elevate that side above the rest and give a shelf for LOTS of corals plus everything in that corner and around the front are your lower end lighting corals in that tank so be an ok place to shade a bit

Mrc8858 said:
Well if you move that down you could start hunting around for a good table rock and base to elevate that side above the rest and give a shelf for LOTS of corals plus everything in that corner and around the front are your lower end lighting corals in that tank so be an ok place to shade a bit

Im liking it Matt. A table rock to give me my coral placements on the right, but also the arch to change things up...we'll see if i can find the perfect rocks for the job!!

Sounds good. I'm always looking for nice pieces when I'm at the lfs for future projects lol don't forget to keep us posted though :)

Mrc8858 said:
Sounds good. I'm always looking for nice pieces when I'm at the lfs for future projects lol don't forget to keep us posted though :)

Jack doesnt like my/your ideas. This rescape wont go much further if he refuses to listen lol.

Crash and burn before leaving the runway lol........buuutt, this could mean time for tank 2?!? :)

Mrc8858 said:
Crash and burn before leaving the runway lol........buuutt, this could mean time for tank 2?!? :)

Lol i know right. Cant pull a second tank...but when im older i'll have one to myself:)

Sorry guys! The only reason i dont want to move that arch rock is because we have like 20 palys spreading on that rock and i dont want to break them apart from the colony! Sorry mrc

You don't have to apologize its your twos tank I'm just simply offering suggestions lol

One thing though if you did break them off maybe you could sell the one piece to make your money back from the original purchase equating to free palys ;) haha

Mrc8858 said:
One thing though if you did break them off maybe you could sell the one piece to make your money back from the original purchase equating to free palys ;) haha

Yeah we could!

What i want to do is do the arch down the middle, and then put the end piece onto another rock on the sandbed. It would be sweet! Then the shelf on the right..if only!!

Back
Top Bottom