Babies?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phoenixkiller said:
How are the babies doing?

Still doing great! Can't see much growth I don't think but they are all still alive far as I can tell. The parents are still taking great care of em, it's been 9 days. I am watching them because I don't know when to separate them.

Still doing great! Can't see much growth I don't think but they are all still alive far as I can tell. The parents are still taking great care of em, it's been 9 days. I am watching them because I don't know when to separate them.
Growth is going to be the REAL test of patience. Unfortunately, my platies (and my cousin's) Take more than a year to reach adult size.

phoenixkiller said:
Growth is going to be the REAL test of patience. Unfortunately, my platies (and my cousin's) Take more than a year to reach adult size.

I agree. Doesn't seem to be growing at all, maybe a little. I can't keep up to get an accurate count... Not til they get bigger.

I agree. Doesn't seem to be growing at all, maybe a little. I can't keep up to get an accurate count... Not til they get bigger.
I hope you will be happy with the results! Most color morphs are really pretty and are not sold in stores. My cousin (I'm sorry that I mention him so much) bred several Molly generations. He first bred a silver and a black molly to get a bunch of dalmatian Mollies, then he bred the dalmatian mollies with orange mollies to create the orange-bellied dalmatian molly.

phoenixkiller said:
He first bred a silver and a black molly to get a bunch of dalmatian Mollies, then he bred the dalmatian mollies with orange mollies to create the orange-bellied dalmatian molly.

That sounds so pretty! I think my Dalmatian Molly is peg. If she is she was bred with just a black Molly. Probably just get more black Mollies lol

That sounds so pretty! I think my Dalmatian Molly is peg. If she is she was bred with just a black Molly. Probably just get more black Mollies lol
I would guess you would either get a mix of dalmatians and black ones, or, with a bit of luck, all dalmatians with bigger/more black spots.

Back
Top Bottom