Best way to take fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hobgob

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a fry of kribs. They are getting pretty old and starting to venture on their own. What's the beat way to scoop them out? Once I try the first time will they all hide and the parents eat what ever is left?
There are two angels in the tank and will eat them if they get the chance.

Or will the parents take care of the fry for ever until they are jouvys?

The simplest thing to do would be to put a divider into the tank and move the parents to the other side with the angels until the fry frow out a bit more.

Way crazy ideas. I knew there was more then one way, always is. Thank you all this advice. Would a 10g be a good grow out tank? And could I use my ac 30 on it with a sponge around the intake? It's currently one of my filters on my 35 gallon. I also have an eheim2213 and an undergravel powered by a power head gph of 235. My ac has been with me from the start so it has all the bacteria. Had the eheim set up for 3 days now so it's not line there is a lot of bacteria in there but the ugfilter would have some as well I believe.

I use a 10 to start with, once they're big enough that you can actually tell they're fish (about a month) I move them to larger tanks for grow out.

The sponge would work fine, just make sure the outflow isn't so high that it blows them around.

Alright sounds good right now they are just going throw metamorphoses I believe. the black line is starting to come out and the dorsal fins are are starting to colour up. They are starting to swim around on there own now to.

Back
Top Bottom