breeding ghppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MMantelli

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello all I'm thinking about breeding guppies for food for my main tank and have a few questions.
What's a good size tank to start with?
Whats the breeding ratio?
What are the paramaters they will need to breed?
And any other advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Hello all I'm thinking about breeding guppies for food for my main tank and have a few questions.
What's a good size tank to start with?
Whats the breeding ratio?
What are the paramaters they will need to breed?
And any other advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

You could start with a tank as small as 10 gallons, but the bigger you have the more guppies you'll be able to keep in it ;D a good breeding ratio is 2:1 or 3:1 with more females than males. It does vary though so pretty much as long as there are enough females that they don't get too stressed out by the number of males you should be fine. I started with 2 males and 5 females. Parameters should be just how you would usually want them. Guppies are pretty easy to breed.

My tap is 7.4 but ill have some dw in there tank I'm sure they will still breed in that right? Or would they breed more readily in 7.0 I can always mix with ro.

That's fine. I wouldn't mess with the ph. Mine is about 8.0 and they breed fine in my tank. :)

Just make sure you know what the ph is in the tank with whatever you have in there. But 7.4 is fine

Back
Top Bottom