Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koikid88

Aquarium Advice Freak
In another post, a user described these eggs that started appearing in his tank. His description sounded just like how my eggs look, except, his were above the water line. So everyone said it's mystery snail eggs. My egg sacs, (looks like about a dozen-2 dozen eggs per sac) and all attached to plants. From the bottom to 3/4 from the top. Nothing near the surface line though?

In this tank, I did bring in some mystery snails on a plant.
With no vigorous snail eaters in that tank, the snails bred for a few months, and I would just throw some lettuce in everyday and clear a bunch out. Never saw any eggs before, all of a sudden last week, they are everywhere. I don't let the living snails reproduce like crazy, I remove them if I see more than a few.

The only tankmates that have multiple of the same specie is the school of neon tetras and ghost catfish.
Are these still snail eggs?

i would say that it is possible that they are ghost catfish eggs, of course i am not certain about this, so go to the image section in a search engine and look for pictures of both neon tetra eggs and ghost catfish eggs.
whatever they are, i wish you great success :)

Will do.

There's also a pair of red skunk shrimp in there (Among other shrimps) who seemed to get it on quite a bit.

I dunno about it being ghost catfish. I was reading through a post just a little while ago that said ghost catfish had never been successfully bred. I dunno if it true or not but that's what I hear tell.

Back
Top Bottom