Electric Blue Breeding Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a new pair I rescued from a local shop that was closing. They were severely burned by poor water quality and although I've heard you can't breed EBJD/EBJD I'm giving it a go

ForumRunner_20111206_230950.jpg

I know this pic is a bit blurry but thats my latest batch of fry hatched 2 days ago...still just wigglers in the corner of the tank

wow they are so cute!
are they the BGJDxEBJD?
how many of the fry in a batch tends to be EB?

this is very fascinating... keep the updates up please :)

They are EBJDxBGJD...and i have yet to find out how many EBJD fry there will be as I just exchanged my normal JD female for the now BGJD Female. I've gotten 2 spawnings now in 7 weeks and none are mature enough to identify EBJD from BGJD yet. To be continued .... lol

Yep! Just got them today! Super excited. They are a little shy/skittish but I think its just them wondering where the heck they are!

Ha not to mention the cold, dark, bumpy ride/flight from Cali....

They have great color! I just hope they survive. They are not 3 inches haha. Most likely they are about 1.5" to 2".

Super EXCITED!

Last edited:
haha how do I do it again!!!! Im still new to this thing kinda

The computer is on my desktop but I cant get it in the forum. There is no url to it...
Blue%20Dempsey.JPG

Well I've never actually been on the website. I've always used the phone app. Lol you posted something it just didn't show up on my phone but that could be a mess up on my end. Who knows..

ya they are prob closer to like 1.5 inches...

But in a 90 gallon they should grow quick I hope.

I have the water currently set at 77. Yall think that is to high?

As far as parasites and stuff...

Thats awesome! Welcome to the obsessive world of the EBJD! How were they packaged? Just wondering ...never ordered fish online?

Wow..90 gallons all for the EBJD'S??? That's awesome! Wish I had the space/ A wife that wasn't about to murder me over fish tanks!!!!

I just got a picture of my second one which ill post after this message.

This is my first time ordering fish online. They were packaged very well actually. From the inside out here is how they packaged them.

Hand warmer wrapped in newspaper.

Fish #1 in a bag

One sheet of Newspaper separating the two

Fish #2 in a bag

one sheet of newspaper outside of him.

A bag full of air to fill the gap.

Newspaper after it.

Styrofoam cooler taped up like a + on the top which then was laid sideways inside the box.

Two plastic bags around the cooler.

All that inside of a cardboard shipping box with packing slip and all that jaz.

Labels on the outside of the box that said "Perishable" LIVE FISH

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom