Electric Blue Breeding Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice.

I got another question for ya. I by chance I have a male and female EBJD and they were to try to pair off. I could Just remove one and put with the BGJD and then they might pair off right?

thanks

Yes...if by chance you have an EB female you'd remove her and find a new lover for your EB Stud! At that point is when I send you 4 or 5 bgjd's that we hope are female and smaller than your blue stud and he hopefully pairs up with one pf them! Also, Very hard to breed female EB's...i here...

Ha I like how you described that. "New Lover" lol.

Well then I guess If i have both male and female I can switch my African 75 gallon tank with the female blue and get a male from you and maybe get two breeding pairs. Bonus!

Ya im super excited to keep these guys alive and get them growing. I have some updated pics that I am going to post and see what you think of them.

Pretty sure I have 1 Male and 1 Female.

Here they are together. Picture was taken with flash on.

48287-albums2639-picture19444.jpg

Well they're gorgeous but I would still be quite unsure of the sex...i'd personally say two males from that pic even with they're fin structure being so different.

The first one I think is a male for sure. He is bulkier and bigger and his fins are starting to develop to fill in the voids near the tail. The other one not to sure about.

Its amazing Ive had them a little over a month already...

That's the JD picture you posted before? Dang that thing has gotten big. Whats the rate of growth on the regular jacks?

I was thinking about ordering some from you prob in bout a months time or two.

Yep...crazy the change once I moved them into the big community tank (the land of misfit fish!) And the bgjd's seem to grow quite a bit faster than the ebjd's so ill probably send you some out of one of my two newer batches. That way we insure that they wont be larger than your ebjd's

Man its been a little over 2 months now since I ordered my EBJD's. They seem to be doing just fine. Growing ever so slowly, but I can tell they have gotten bigger.

Do you think you will have a batch of BGJD's in about a month or two? Thats prob when ill order just to give these guys a little more time to get a little bigger.

Thanks

Lol It's a 72gbowfront...and there is some between 20-30 bgjd's, 2 golds, a convict, 4 bumbleebee catfish, 2 cory's, and 2 bichers( a dinosaur, and an albino) all to be relocated eventually ...lol....land of misfit fish!!!

bk my dempseys are prob just under 3 inches now. Im hoping in the next month they will get to 3.5...

The sooner they grow the better.

What is your smallest batch of BGJD's? or are you expecting any new ones in the next month or so?

I just dont want to stress them out by putting the more aggressive fish in there...

bk my dempseys are prob just under 3 inches now. Im hoping in the next month they will get to 3.5...

The sooner they grow the better.

What is your smallest batch of BGJD's? or are you expecting any new ones in the next month or so?

I just dont want to stress them out by putting the more aggressive fish in there...

ive got some BGJD's right now and im doing the same thing you are...waiting for them to grow haha

Zapero, I've got 2 sets of fry growing out that were exactly 3 weeks apart. Largest are probably just about an inch or so, and the smallest probably still around 1/4". Had them in a big 110g tall tank that I had resealed, but the unthinkable happened, and a massive leak sprang while I was at work. Luckily when I was finally able to get home, the tank was still about half full and I quickly transferred the rest of the water and my 600+ babies into a 55g ....tank disasters are the worst!

Also, my pair spawned again last week but I must have pulled the eggs too quickly cause it seems that none were fertilized...woops! Soon swapping my JD female for a BGJD, so hopefully within a month or so i'll get some EB fry! Haha 3 years in the works...wow

Sweet. Ha a little fish brothal you got yourself.

Sounds good If you got some little guys now thats perfect. Do you think I could get the 1" 's now? I dont think they would be to aggressive at that age?

If they were I Guess I could always move them.

What are you thoughts.

Sorry it took a bit to get back to ya but yes! I think it's about that time. I'll have to get over to the UPS store and figure out what i'll need for shipping. If I send a few extra to insure you get the proper pairs you want, will you be able to re-home the extras? And how do we go about taking care of the money part? Im new to this! Lol

Back
Top Bottom