Fun fish to breed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brandonsfish

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am looking for some fish to breed they don't have to be easy but I would prefer that or in between I am getting 2 20s and I have a 40 if I need it any ideas thanks

White cloud minnows are a favorite of mine now. had them in a n outdoor tub for 3 days now and they are constantly spawning. incredible fish as well.

Awesome anything else and what's the usual price on them. Do you think I could breed them outdoors

Sent from my XT885 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh yeah, they love to be outdoors. Ive had mine for 3 days outdoors and they've been spawning constantly. If you provide dense enough plantings you will have lots of fry survive. They don't really eat their fry or eggs. Theya re a great choice for outdoor breeding also because they do best in cooler water down to 40 degrees. Really beautiful fish. They can be $3 for normal fish but for the long finned specimens (meteor minnows) they are around $12 each.

Thanks for the info

Sent from my XT885 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cichlids are fun to breed. As the parents will actually care for the fry until they're about 1/2. It would be cool to breed GBRs a pair would fit nicely in a 20g. I've breed jewel cichlids but their fry is not worth anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I like apistos but they have never been in stock near me. If you decide to buy rams go to germanbluerams.com you can get a pair for $20 shipped. Brookster a member has breed apistos.

Yeah I know same problem I could ask my LFS but I've never seen them and thanks for that info but I'm from Canada so it might not ship to me

Oh true. Shipping for apistos in the us is like $40 can't imagine what it would cost to get an apisto shipped to canada.

Yeah that is unfortunate sadly but no big deal. Anything else I should go for

White clouds apparently breed like crazy and don't eat their babies. They also like to be kept outdoors.

White clouds apparently breed like crazy and don't eat their babies. They also like to be kept outdoors.

If I had the money, I would breed two or three types of guppies in a heavily planted twenty. Start with about six females and four males and wait a couple days. In a month or so you'll have like fifty fry swimming around. If you want to sell/keep them then take them out and put them in a separate tank or breeder because the adults eat babies. When you get a lot of them I suggest letting nature take it's course and leave the babies in. You'll end up with a breeding frenzy I'm that tank;)

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Update I got a pair of rams 11 neons , just spawned and a male and female betta should I try to breed the bettas

Bettas cam be a little difficult to bed because you can't really put the male and female in n the same tank, the male will kill her. They have a wikihow on how to do it, and it is pretty accurate

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No I have a 30 gallon community tank with them both in it and they get along fine and thanks I'll look check that out

Back
Top Bottom