Guppy Breeding Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Remember that if momma guppy is left alone with the baby guppies shell eat them! Especially because they get very hungry when they're don't giving birth! :)0

alia258 said:
Remember that if momma guppy is left alone with the baby guppies shell eat them! Especially because they get very hungry when they're don't giving birth! :)0

Guppies, Mollies & platies are basically the same... I've rarely had a mother eat fry when left alone in tank with them..: only when she gives birth in a community.
Only time mom is left alone for any time is if she gives birth overnight... Otherwise I witness the birthing... And sit for hours staring... :)

Watching them have babies is very cool, I saw the last three fry be born in Noir's last batch :)

Your lucky if your females dont eat the fry. Mine just love eating them I have one big mom that will chase and eat as many as she can- she does have like 60 fry a drop, but I can only save so many from the hungry mommy

How big is your guppy at the first week when she was gonna have a 60 fry drop? I think mine might be shooting for the world record this time! :)O

She's definitely shooting for the record! She's a little bigger than a tootsie roll. What am I supposed to do with that many fry? :O

Oh yeah I can sell them. But would petco or petsmart or petland buy them? I have only a few friends who want fish :/

Petco petsmart and petland will not buy them. But your local fish store will. The mom and pop one buy from breeders. Call fish and talk to them. You can also sell guppies on craigslist for around $1 ea. LFS buy them for around $0.50 ea But LFS give you discounts or store credits and stuff like that.

Ill have to
Make some calls and check some things out then :)

Langerz, the first batch isn't old enough to sell (and I'm not selling them all) and her ginormous batch isn't born yet, so I haven't made any calls yet :)

You're not stupid, you just didn't know! They're all growing nicely and by the time they're old enough to be in the larger tank I'll have to deal with that second batch. If you happen to want some guppy fry I'd be glad to send you some ;)

Lol got guppies in my 55 litres. Just bought a 300g tank imagine nothing but guppy fry running lose in that, that would be fun

Post some pics of the 300g and how much was it?

Back
Top Bottom