how long till mollys drop HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you know much about balloon Molly's?

I know a lil bit about balloon bellies.
(please this is just something I have read not sure if true!)
I heard that if they get preggo after they drop the fries they can die? Not sure?

Lexilove said:
I know a lil bit about balloon bellies.
(please this is just something I have read not sure if true!)
I heard that if they get preggo after they drop the fries they can die? Not sure?

Yes that is sometimes the cases. But she doesn't look like a balloon Molly to me

Samzter said:
Yes that is sometimes the cases. But she doesn't look like a balloon Molly to me

I don't think she is abalone Molly either.

It's definitely preggo, even if it was a balloon shape, it would be a round body not a flat bottom!

Its a Lyretail molly

But I have 2 female balloon Molly's and I can't tell if they are pregnant of just fat?

image-991877518.jpg

This is my black Lyretail molly

I've only used this app/website for a few days now and it is so helpfully that's to people like you guys :)))))

Its always hard to tell when they will drop especially a black Molly because you can't see the gravid spot. she does look pregnant to me maybe even a little square, IMO I'd say in under a week.

There's a sort of white spot where the anal fin is and gravid spot is

These are my 2 balloon Molly's and I don't know if they are pregnant or not I can't really tell

image-65623974.jpg

image-3752658852.jpg

First one I don't believe so, the second one is questionable. With balloon Mollies you can notice the pregnancy more in the chest area. their chest will seem to puff out more

Think the 2nd one is. They are cute lil guys, I have a ballon belly that preggo & is almos ready to drop. Well good luck! :)

Would you be able I give me a date or time until I Gould put her in the breeder net

I didn't put mine in a net. I think that it's too stressful for them & it may cause them to loose the fry): so depending on what other fish you have & if they have enough hiding spots.

Back
Top Bottom