I think my tetra is pregnant?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cobaltskyy

Aquarium Advice Freak
During feeding noticed one of my " white " tetras (according to lfs) is quite swollen and very pregnant looking! I have had mollies...but don't know much about tetras. Here are some pics...suspected preggo is on the far right.

Ps. Sorry bout the fuzz on the filter intake...another reason I want to go with live plants!

They are egglayers therefor were canti really tell for sure. How many do you have?

I have 3 in my 30 g community tank. My water parameters must me great because I have zebra danios in there spawning all the time too! I haven't been trying to breed anything since I don't have the room for any fry right now.

Well she looks like she could be carrying eggs!! I always wanted to breeding danios! Have you ever had anyone fry from the eggs?

Well she looks like she could be carrying eggs!! I always wanted to breeding danios! Have you ever had anyone fry from the eggs?

OMG all the time!!! ONly problem is they are in my DT....with about 17 other fish....................needless to say they survive in the baby grass, as eggs, then to larvae and then once they become free swimming they are gobbled up in a day or two. :(

On a side note.....I just found a ten gallon, by the dupster with all accessories! Looks sort of old, but will check it out to see if it holds water at least!

I don't think she's pregnant. I believe you have 3 females from what I could tell.

I know they are egglayers but u can see my female danio swell up with eggs all the time, that's what made me think my tetra was full of eggs. Thanks....im not that dumb. Plus someone else mentioned it above. Thanks.

How can you tell the sex?!?! If she's not pregnant is she sick???:ermm:

I'm not sure, but the reason I say she is a female is that I believe the males have slim bodies and longer fins. That is in my experience. However, I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom