Life Of Convicts - Convict Breeding Log.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok mybad. oh and i dont feel like i made myself look bad i just dont want to waste my time reading something that will not help me.

Then how about you not post in my threads that won't help you. Also don't post in my threads if you do not fully understand what is going on in the thread.

i didnt mean it in a bad way. i think it can be very helpful to others just not me. and i was just adding a little more info. oh and not everyone has enough time to read thru such a long thread.

i didnt mean it in a bad way. i think it can be very helpful to others just not me. and i was just adding a little more info. oh and not everyone has enough time to read thru such a long thread.

Well if others need to know that information i'll be happy to give it to them if they ask, but there is really no point to post a pointless reply with info that has already been posted in the very first post of this thread. All you have to do is read the first post to understand the concept of the thread, then this conversation wouldn't be happening. Takes a max of 2-3 minutes to read that first post, which you can listen to a song and it will take longer. Not my fault if people don't have the "time" to read a post that will only take 3 minutes to read.

Point is don't post replies that have already been answered in previous post.

thanks for your time. i am not willing to argue and look imature in front of guest. im sorry if i offended you. and im sorry if my information was worthless as it was not intended. have a good day

thanks for your time. i am not willing to argue and look imature in front of guest. im sorry if i offended you. and im sorry if my information was worthless as it was not intended. have a good day

Thank you for your apologie. And just for your information, the time you spent coming back to this thread to see what I said all that time, you could of easily looked at my first post and avoided all of this.

There is your lesson, hope you learned.

-You do not need to reply to this post-

Any updated pic's of the fry?

I've been attempting to get pictures but I have 2 problems for pictures. I can see them fine in person, but I can't really invite everyone that is looking at the thread over to my house haha :lach:

First problem is that I put one of my more crappy light fixtures over the tank, so the tank is very dark looking. The light is many many years old, my parents had it left over from when they did aquarium stuff in there 20s and 30s. So it's a good 20 years old :D Tried the flash and it ruins the picture on my camera.

Second problem is that the fry are under this log thing, and I have to hold the camera with one hand, which then when I try to snap a picture it always moves the camera. Plus I have to hold it at an exact angle to get the picture, plus hold a flash light at the fry so the picture comes out better because of the poor lighting.

I'm going to keep trying, but if I can't get a picture, I guess you'll have to wait till they are free swimming, which won't be soon because they are attempting at it now, but keep falling back to the bottom, kind of like bouncing? Lol. As soon as they hit free swimming stage and they are swimming with the mom and dad, i'll for sure get some pictures.

have you ever tried puttting your camera on macro? try it. if the flash messes up the pic theen put it on soft flash. if you dont have these settings on you camera i understand.

have you ever tried puttting your camera on macro? try it. if the flash messes up the pic theen put it on soft flash. if you dont have these settings on you camera i understand.

I use macro on all close-up shots, really makes a difference. Also I cannot adjust the flash. When I take shots with my flash of my shrimp, it just sucks the color out of them. I'm going to try different things like tissue paper, or white paper, or something else infront of the flash to see if that helps at all. People have told me that helps.

Yeah i'm pretty limited on my settings till I have $600 for my new Nikon. Getting that in a month or two when my shrimp start selling.

Haven't posted on here for awhile so I thought I would.

Today is March 29th, 2009. The pair had the last fry to about free swimming stage, then they were eaten or died.

They laid a few days ago and now I found some wigglers this morning. Hopefully my convicts will continue to learn and they should let them get to atleast free-swimming stage this time.

Just a quick add.

My convicts have successfully achieved being parents. They have let their fry get to free swimming stage and are now taking care of them and protecting them.

Planning on seeing if my lfs will take them for some kind of money or in-store credit. If not i'm going to use them for food, or start giving them away.

Have you tried siphoning the wigglers out at any point? I'm wanting to keep the parents laying eggs at a more rapid pace, but I worry about survivability of small fry passing through the gravel vac.

oh dont worry about the fry, I have sucked up many a fry through the siphon and all have survived, its just like a water slide

I'm not planning on removing them from the aquarium. I'm letting everything go natural until i'm ready to do other things with the fry. I'm most likely getting rid of the convicts and turning the aquarium into a predator tank. That's later on though and still not sure.

That seems unnecessary. Just add the predators and the convict situation should sort itself out.

Back
Top Bottom