My Babies are growing up!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
My babies are growing up!! Look at how BIG they are! :) My first batch of fry... Dalmatian Mollies-- 6 wks, 2 days old
About 30-35 survivors at this point in their own 20 gal long tank.
They seem to grow overnight sometimes!
I'm just so happy and grateful they are doing so well on my first attempt. I'm ever so appreciative of all your comments and suggestions, thank you! :)

View attachment 57791

View attachment 57792

They're looking good. We just had our first batch here too. I think they'll be three weeks old tomorrow.

ocminpin said:
My babies are growing up!! Look at how BIG they are! :) My first batch of fry... Dalmatian Mollies-- 6 wks, 2 days old
About 30-35 survivors at this point in their own 20 gal long tank.
They seem to grow overnight sometimes!
I'm just so happy and grateful they are doing so well on my first attempt. I'm ever so appreciative of all your comments and suggestions, thank you! :)

Cool. I've found that when you put fry in a larger tank they seem to grow over night too! Most of mine are still growing in my 2.5gal then I transfer over the ones that are realy big. The biggest one, a female, is almost 2/3 as big as her mother aster 2 months

Yes, the more room and better conditions you give them the faster they will grow.

Also dont overfeed. Overfeeding is not good for growth, regular feeding on the otherhand is great.

wow... they do get big quick... my molly gave birth on sunday, oct 23, so my 18 baby mollies arent that big yet... but if thats what i should expect, i am now even more excited to watch them grow :)

Whats your secret! My mollies seem to be taking forever to grow, though the paradise fry in smaller tank almost double overnight.

Back
Top Bottom