My betta made a bubblenest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppyAquatail109

Aquarium Advice Regular
My betta made a bubble nest. I currently have a male and female together:banghead: ofcourse,I am going to buy a divider or a seperate tank lator on.Right now he is in a breeding trap,and he built a bubble nest!I wanted to breed him before, but he wasn't ready.What do I do?Can I move the bubbles without destroying them?:(I can't put them together in that small space.:confused:

Use a bowl and put it under the nest and take it out. It's safe and nicely.

He built the nest because he's hoping a female in breeding condition will come along and accept him as a mate. If you don't have the set up to breed them now, saving the nest is not going to help matters at all.

Wait 'til you have the right set up to try breeding them, and then he will build another nest. Males will build nests whenever they feel like it, so this one is by no means the only nest he will make and losing the nest will not cause harm to the fish.

But keeping those two in one tank may well cause stress to both, as even if they did mate, the male cares for the nest and young, and the female would have to be removed as soon as the eggs were laid.

So get them separated, then worry about the nests he builds.

Back
Top Bottom