Not sure if my platy is pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenda26910

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had pregnant guppies but not platy. What do you think?
Fat or pregnant?

image-3788055990.jpg

image-1969253940.jpg

Pregnant. Although platies can be pregnant for weeks, like mine. When you see more of a squaring in the belly she is probably closer to birthing. For now, I would say you have at least a week or more.

It's hard to tell from the pick but it seems like theres a gravid spot, but she doest look hugely fat. So probably no babies for a little while, usually there is a change in behavior , like hiding near the bottom in plants and such a couple days before they give birth.

The last two days she has been getting bigger but I noticed that my female mollies are picking at her a lot. She is still swimming a lot and a little pig at feeding time

Is there a male in the tank currently, or has she been with a male within the last month or so? If so, assume she's pregnant.

It seems like there's a gravid spot from the pick so I'd say yes she is. She doesn't look hugely fat so it's probably going to be a little while. Look for a change in behavior such as hiding in plants or decorations near the bottom of the tank. This means she will give birth in the next day or so.

Sorry didn't think my first post went through there was a "connection error" Ignore double info lol

Lol now in this pick I don't see a gravid spot, she does look plump though but she could be constipated

this looks almost exactly what my pregnate platy looks like! and mine has been prego for like 2 weeks and is a little bigger than that and starting to hang in the plants, I've had guppies but not platys! so its a cool thing seeing the little ones!

Back
Top Bottom