Outdoor breeding challange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have an above ground pond 125G plus a 55G trash can filter. It has plastic lattice cut to the shape and I know there have been attempts on the lives of my fish, as at times I see the lattice is moved over a few inches. I am going to add a couple screws into the sides so it doesn't slide off at least.

Now the predators are getting bold!

Two times in the last month there has been a cat sitting on the edge with its paw through the holes...fishing!:ermm:

We also have a subdivision but there are skunks, and a huge fat raccoon, and I think an Opossum. Not to mention the birds of prey, as well as Heron and cranes. There is a wetland and pond outside the subdivision though.

You can use a paint to cover up that pool design btw. Or cut down some of the bamboo patio roll stuff to cover it. It may add a more relaxing quality to the project (and the adult beverage)! lol

Looking good, and an interesting project!

I have an above ground pond 125G plus a 55G trash can filter. It has plastic lattice cut to the shape and I know there have been attempts on the lives of my fish, as at times I see the lattice is moved over a few inches. I am going to add a couple screws into the sides so it doesn't slide off at least.

Now the predators are getting bold!

Two times in the last month there has been a cat sitting on the edge with its paw through the holes...fishing!:ermm:

We also have a subdivision but there are skunks, and a huge fat raccoon, and I think an Opossum. Not to mention the birds of prey, as well as Heron and cranes. There is a wetland and pond outside the subdivision though.

You can use a paint to cover up that pool design btw. Or cut down some of the bamboo patio roll stuff to cover it. It may add a more relaxing quality to the project (and the adult beverage)! lol

Looking good, and an interesting project!

I'm hoping the soft sides that collapse when you lean on them will soak and deter any 4 legged predators, birds would be a different story.

I like the bamboo idea

Stopped by on my way home from work and everything looked good, no signs of predation and no dead fish. Temp was sitting at 71.2, plants all looked healthy some were already showing new growth and the fish were out and active. We've got a couple days of rain coming up hopefully it doesn't lower the temperature to much to the point where it impacts the fish.

Stopped by on my way home from work and everything looked good, no signs of predation and no dead fish. Temp was sitting at 71.2, plants all looked healthy some were already showing new growth and the fish were out and active. We've got a couple days of rain coming up hopefully it doesn't lower the temperature to much to the point where it impacts the fish.

You have plan for pool overflow with all that rain?

Went over to the house and checked on the "pound" the other day, fish still seem to be rather skittish still but growing at a steady rate. I did notice about a dozen or so fry scattered through out the floating plants.

The plants don't seem to be doing very well however I am not sure if the sunlight is to intense for them or what.

Went over to the house and checked on the "pound" the other day, fish still seem to be rather skittish still but growing at a steady rate. I did notice about a dozen or so fry scattered through out the floating plants.

The plants don't seem to be doing very well however I am not sure if the sunlight is to intense for them or what.

Since I'm the water sprite growing champion of the world feel free to ask me advice about growing plants:lol:

I would love to have a cool little thing like that! I'm gonna tag along and see how this thing goes :)

Plants seem to be doing just ok, but I did notice allot of fry swimming around when I checked on the pond Tuesday.

Well the fry is the only thing that counts right? Think you have a chance of winning? When does the challenge end?

Ha just found the post and I think I'll keep checking for updates.love the setup it made me smile when I saw it.

Next time you guys want to do this let me know I have a few mates pairs of different cichlids.

Back
Top Bottom