Possible molly/swordtail cross??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darkseid76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok I've seen and read many debates on this and I've found no concrete evidence of this happening.

Last night I saw my green swordtail mating with my gold dust Molly.

I was actually quite surprised because I didn't think he had any interest in her. I also think this a great opportunity for me to share and document because of the debates.

Here's the history: the Molly was purchased over a year and half ago easily. She has never had fry in my tank. She is also the ONLY Molly in my tank. The rest of my stock is 1 neon tetra, 1 pepper Cory, 2 adult green swords male & female, 7 juvenile sunburst platy, and too many to count sword fry.

Now I will be monitoring her closely. If she starts to square and plump up there will be no doubt in my mind it was because of the sword. There is no way I would believe after all this time she decided to bring fry to term.

She eats well, is in great condition, has never been sick or injured or stressed from another fish. As a matter of fact she does most of the bullying lol

I will update this thread with pics of the possible parents and hope for some fry!!

I just bought a Molly/swordtail two weeks ago. I didn't even understand what she meant by that until just now reading your post! But she cost a little more than a regular Molly! She is very cool looking, good luck!

Back
Top Bottom