Pregnant Guppy, help guessing days until fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It been 54 DAYS! I can't believe she is still pregnant!

Is they anything I should be concerned about at this point? Is there any way to kickstart her lol

Can she start to absorb fry at this point?

I think I'm going for the world record here...

Niki said:
It been 54 DAYS! I can't believe she is still pregnant!

Is they anything I should be concerned about at this point? Is there any way to kickstart her lol

Can she start to absorb fry at this point?

I think I'm going for the world record here...

I'M RIGHT BEHIND YOU AT DAY 47 with my Dalmatian Molly Cruella...
I've long gone bald.... ;-)

Niki said:
I hope they pop soon! This is the least fun thing....WAITING

I'm at the point where I've forgotten to keep looking for babies.... She's birthed 3 times for me ... And only one I missed completely.... One of my other mollies is almost like clockwork and is about to give birth AGAIN and Miss Cruella isn't giving it up.
I'm becoming doubtful if they will be born alive at this point.. :-(

Niki said:
Can that happen?

I've read about other people having them be born dead... I'm just holding my breath.
I read one thread where the person said their fish held on for months and months... She gave birth to 30 live and 20 dead of a different color than the live ones... First time I've heard of it, but I'm also relatively new at this... So I'm a research/trial & error/ work in progress :-D

Oh my goodness, that's horrible :-(

Reading, research, and experience that's how we learn right!

Oh, and I was beginning to wonder if my girl hadn't gotten pregnant when I thought and so my DAYS were off... However, she got HUGE and square so I thought that blew my theory out of the water... Don't know...

Yea, it's hard to tell sometimes...but when you know you've reached the 40 day mark it's almost unbelievable

Niki said:
Yea, it's hard to tell sometimes...but when you know you've reached the 40 day mark it's almost unbelievable

Cruella gave birth on Day 39 on October 28th and unknown days on September 19th...

Congrats, I can't wait to see pics!

She still holding out on me, noticed she hasn't eaten in a day an a half....were all of your live? Or were there some still births? How many fry did you have?

Niki said:
Congrats, I can't wait to see pics!

She still holding out on me, noticed she hasn't eaten in a day an a half....were all of your live? Or were there some still births? How many fry did you have?

I misses the birth.... I found one dead... 50ish alive and well...
Two of my other mollies had huge bloated bellies from eating other fry. I know from my experience in watching births that the mother, as well as others in tank will clean up/eat eggs and dead fry very quickly after birth... If you don't catch birth in progress, you'll never truly know how many there were.
This is a huge amount though!
Check out my thread "come on mama".. Pics are there :)

So my guppy passes away :-(

However, I did buy 4 more females, and one gave birth less than 24 hours after bringing her home. I have no clue how many babies she had but a few did get eaten up by the other guppies. I even got to watch her give birth! It's was awesome :)

Back
Top Bottom