Pregnant Guppy, help guessing days until fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
haha pics when i find the cable!! lol

oh wow, phantomy? absolutely awesome!

omg i soo remember my first fry!! i was like 9 and was screaming the house down. they all got eaten but it was still cool!
if u want the babies, id say put her in a breeder net. u get all of them, especially if u put a fake plant in there like an obstacle she has to go around to get the fry. very effective.
i so hope it goes well :D

Lol yea phantomy, I can't explain it but that's what I think of when I see her. The dark phantom lol

I have tried looking for a guppy like you described on google, I had no luck! Sounds very pretty. I also seen a PURPLE guppy that I really want!

I SEE FRY EYES!

The gravid is not completely black but I see several pairs of eyes!

Niki said:
I SEE FRY EYES!

The gravid is not completely black but I see several pairs of eyes!

I want to see pics when they are born!!

Definitely! :)

I'm such a nerd lol, these are one of the most prolific breeders for fw aquariums and I'm just so excited!

my guppy had 46 babies overall.
two days later a recount found 26.
yesterday, 21.

i nearly murdered my brother when i realised he'd been feeding them to the oscars without my permission. i fed all of the rest bar 6, and if he feeds them i am getting an equal revenge. something direct to his heartstrings :)

offfff. i just hoped id get to keep more :'(

how is the guppy of urs doing?xxx

Awe sorry to hear about your babies, would have been nice if you could have been more selective of the keepers.

My girl is doing fine eating swimming you know everything but dropping fry :)

I hope so!

Today she looked very odd, it looked like there was a huge dent in her side...looks like she got hit by a semi....

I'm not quite sure, she still looks fine! Swimming, eating, just her stomach looked dented. It was quite strange....

ocminpin said:
Anything yet??? My Mollies get really bumpy the day they're going to drop... almost like popcorn exploded inside them :)

No nothing yet! She seems to be at the bottom around the plants but doesn't stay there long and she still has a healthy appetite!

Awe poor Mollie momma

So I think:

A. She doesn't know she's pregnant;
B. She doesn't care; or
C. She knows that I am watching her lol

Either way I have calculated that she is at least 21 days pregnant, this is from the date of my first post with pics!

I have a feeling she will hold them in for 40 days just to spite me :)

Well enjoy updated pics!

Attachments

• image-1424808370.jpg
    image-1424808370.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 66
  • image-3971155559.jpg
    image-3971155559.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 59
  • image-1092292997.jpg
    image-1092292997.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 56
  • image-803925302.jpg
    image-803925302.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 55
she is JUST about to give birth!! her vent is wide open and shes very squared. good luck!
she can hold them back for a week or a bit more, but ultimately it should be very soon.

So we are sitting at day 32 at least....still nothing :blink:

i notice that in the am her gravid is light pink and in the evening it is dark black.....does it go pink because the babies close their eyes to sleep?

I have added some plastic floating plants to the tank, covered the filter intake with panty hose so the babies wont get sucked up....

I seen her spend a day in the plants, just hiding out...that made me excited....me and the bf were watching a movie and every ten minutes I would look up at her to see what she was doing :popcorn: needless to say my bf thinks i'm nuts.....

Back
Top Bottom