Scarlet badis (dario dario) f/m??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

himdie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I understand the females are usually straight silver so I'm not sure if I have a female what do u guys think??

Attachments

• 1456457731559.jpg
    1456457731559.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 1456457772485.jpg
    1456457772485.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 97
I thing both your scarlet badis are males. Females have no color and they are smaller.

I thing both your scarlet badis are males. Females have no color and they are smaller.

+1

The one in the background looks like it could be a dominant male. But this is a definitely a male. They look good though, I love these guys!

Yeah unfortunately both males. Females are incredibly hard to get, they don't import them because they're not as pretty, they think most people want the pretty makes however only experienced aquarists have badis, and those people want females, lol!

I think both your scarlet badis are males. Females have no color and they are smaller.

I currently own 4 males. I used to have 2 females, but they went to badis heaven. The females were grayish with faint stripes. Their ventrals were also colorless. No blue or red on them at all. They were also alot smaller than the males. These fish are cute and fun to watch.

My Badis

I had a female once and she died as well. The I got two more and they turned into males. Hard to distinguish the immature males from the females.

Back
Top Bottom