Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-10-2014, 08:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Separating Pregnant Fish

I lost a female guppy a couple mongs ago but didn't do much research after. I noticed that her gravid spot was its brightest colour and that her belly was HUGE so I put her in a breeder. She panicked and I thought she would be fine after a bit but a couple days later her gravid spot was pink and she had red slashes on her belly. I separated her, thinking she got a disease or something that could travel through the water and found her half dead in less than an hour and finally put her out of her misery. Anyone know the cause for this? Did I separate her too late?

Old 02-10-2014, 08:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

You might have stressed her too much or she could have scraped herself on the breeder trap. I am sorry for your loss.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:39 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

breeder net right? did you just leave her in the breeders the entire time or did you take her out before the slashes? when dealing with female guppies i suggest just waiting until atleast one fry pops but scoop up in the breeder not taking her out of the water with a regular net and just take her out

Tags
fish, pregnant

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com