We have a breeding pair of angels, father is marbled-mother is silver striped.
1. Tank size = 66g tall
2. Temperature = 82
3. Ph= not too sure haven't tested lately
4. Conditioning (or what you've been feeding) = tetramin tropical crisps and frozen brine shrimp thawed out
5. Fishes activity prior to spawning = Aggressive behavior towards their tank-mates. Obsessively cleaning of a few areas of the tank.
6. Selection of spawning site (if any) = On the slanted roof of our decorative castle. They have moved their fry around several times over the past few days.
7. Anything you might have done to induce the spawn = not really...they had a failed batch of eggs about a week ago and got started on a new batch right away.
8. Pics are always great = I've got some I'll try to upload.
We have 4 pregnant platies right now.
1. Tank size = were conceived in the 66g transfered to 25g
2. Temperature = 80
3. pH = 7.0
4. Conditioning (or what you've been feeding) = mostly tetramin tropical crisps
5. Fishes activity prior to spawning = the females are looking very swollen, the males are constantly chasing the females.
6. Selection of spawning site (if any) = everywhere
7. Anything you might have done to induce the spawn = we transfered these platies into a separate tank to keep them safe from our breeding angels. I think that this may have kick started things for at least one of the pregnant fish.
8. Pics are always great = none yet will try to get some.
The pictures I uploaded are actually from the last time they did this. This time there are way more babies and they are spread all over both of the towers.