1 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noobaquarists

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi guys so i had a 1 gallon tank lying around that i had to use for a betta overnight. ive removed the light that came with it and jerry-rigged a 9w cfl onto it. now from all the research ive done its 1watt per gallon. so with a 9 watt light and a diy co2 system do i have a low-tech high-light system that i can use for starting plants for my big tank ( java moss, java fern, hornwort, water lettuce,) and anyone have any ideas on how i could put a filter on this? and would i be able to keep ghost shrimp in this as well? or do they need a specific temperature of water?:cool:

Attachments

• P050512_18.01.jpg
    P050512_18.01.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 94
  • P050512_18.04.jpg
    P050512_18.04.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 106
1g's can be fun. I would say yes, you can keep ghosties, but why not go for a dwarf shrimp. They'd be more comfortable. If you kept vertical plants, you might be able to squeeze 8-10 in.

1g's can be fun. I would say yes, you can keep ghosties, but why not go for a dwarf shrimp. They'd be more comfortable. If you kept vertical plants, you might be able to squeeze 8-10 in.
are ghost shrimp not dwarfs??? lol im confused im still new to shrimp can you give me a list of dwarf shrimp that would be suitable for this thing? plz and ty

the tank so far......srry for the sideways picture:whistle:bit of java moss some hornwort a jave fern leaf and 2 water lettuce plants no co2 or filter yet or shrimp

Attachments

• P080512_01.33.jpg
    P080512_01.33.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 87
noobaquarists said:
are ghost shrimp not dwarfs??? lol im confused im still new to shrimp can you give me a list of dwarf shrimp that would be suitable for this thing? plz and ty

Neocardinia and Cardinia species are dwarf shrimp. They only grow to about an inch.

Ghost shrimp can get bigger and are from a different first name family. Paleomontes? Something like that and therefore their actions are far more incompatible than shrimp In the two dwarf species

Neocardinia and Cardinia species are dwarf shrimp. They only grow to about an inch.

Ghost shrimp can get bigger and are from a different first name family. Paleomontes? Something like that and therefore their actions are far more incompatible than shrimp In the two dwarf species
ok kool thank you gonna do some research

WPG is misleading at best, but even more so with tanks under 20g. Your will probably have significant light depending on your fixture, height of the tank, bulb type, etc. While light isn't volume dependent co2 is. You will need to watch it carefully to make sure you dont gas your shrimp. A drop checker will help prevent this, and you can remove it once you have a feel for the setup.

Red cherry shrimp are pretty cool. Colorful and proliferative.

WPG is misleading at best, but even more so with tanks under 20g. Your will probably have significant light depending on your fixture, height of the tank, bulb type, etc. While light isn't volume dependent co2 is. You will need to watch it carefully to make sure you dont gas your shrimp. A drop checker will help prevent this, and you can remove it once you have a feel for the setup.

Red cherry shrimp are pretty cool. Colorful and proliferative.
whats a drop checker and how do i make one?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom