1 year in a planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ged

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi this is my first post, I first planted this tank 1 year ago, so I thought I would post the progression.
day1

1 week

1 month

3 month
[
6 month

8 month

9 month

1 year

Very cool tank. I liked your apongeton uvalceus. I can't tell, are those sags in the background?

Very cool tank. I liked your apongeton uvalceus. I can't tell, are those sags in the background?
Thanks it is SAGITTARIA SUBULATA I preferred it over the pygmy chainsword

Looks awesome!!!! What kind of lighting do you have? Do you dose any ferts? Jw. Good job on the tank (y)

I use the stock lights for the Fluval Venezia 2x24w powerglo and an extra 2x14w power glo, yeast based co2 flourite dark and black mix, I use liquid ferts every 3-4 days I have been breeding a couple of wild caught male celestial pearl danio from 2007. I have always liked this timid but curios fish, they always seemed in such rough shape when they are shipped, and I thought I would get some wild caught females last year and get a good local supply of these fish. I haven't seen the male I use for breeding in a couple of days it has me worried he might have died
This is him
This is him courting in breeding tank

I was thinking about getting some of those celestial pearl danios. They definitely look better in your tank than they do on the site that I look at to order them. I am thinking of putting them in my 12 gallon though. Do you think that they would do alright? How big is your tank?

I was thinking about getting some of those celestial pearl danios. They definitely look better in your tank than they do on the site that I look at to order them. I am thinking of putting them in my 12 gallon though. Do you think that they would do alright? How big is your tank?

They would be fine in a 12 gallon give them a place to hide and plant every few inches to make them feel secure,
both males and females use the plants to establish their territory they flash off of the plants and do spiral displays.
Here are 2 10 month old females displaying

They tend to ship them between 4 and 7 months here are some of mine at that age

I think those are the coolest looking danios I have ever seen. I will definitely get some in my 12g and I might even have to get school of them in my 75g...but I think then I would have to not get the Dusky Panther Goby since gets 4"s long and eats anything it can fit in its mouth.

That really is a fantastic tank. I'm totally ignorant when it comes to plants... How would I get my plants to take off like that?

That really is a fantastic tank. I'm totally ignorant when it comes to plants... How would I get my plants to take off like that?
Thank you, it is a 190 litre ie 50 gallon corner tank. the 2 biggest things I found were using an iron rich gravel and adding co2. One thing to note when co2 is added more ferts are needed to support the extra growth.

Back
Top Bottom