10 and 20 gallon stockings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOMA

Aquarium Advice Addict
at the moment i have a 20 gallon long with:
-4 mollies
-2 guppies
-2 peppered corys

i just reset up my 10 gallon tank and i was wondering if i could slowly move all my fish in my 20 into the 10.

then with the 20 i would put a blue gourami in there. if i just left the corys in the 20 would the gourami attack them?

ps. the 10 has a filter thats been running since last september, just in different tanks, so its wellll seeded.

thanks,
joma

It would be fine to move the guppies, but a 10 gallon would be too small for 4 mollies (imo). Also, your corys would probably appreciate a few more friends since they are a schooling fish.

alright, then what should i put in my 10? i was thinking 1 dwarf gourami, bottom feeder, and a few schooling fish?

alright, then what should i put in my 10? i was thinking 1 dwarf gourami, bottom feeder, and a few schooling fish?
That sounds good. I have a 10 gallon with ember tetras and a betta. The embers stay tiny, are colorful, and show the classic schooling behavior famous to most tetras.

I think so. Some people will say that 10 gallons isn't enough for ottos though. If you do keep ottos, you will need to give them blanched veggies or else grow algae separately to add to the tank. You may be better off with small shrimp like red cherry shrimp as cleaners. Or, you could get a few pigmy corys.

Back
Top Bottom