10 gal stocking plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vol4Ever

Aquarium Advice Activist
Given that my cycle is so close to completion, I'm revisiting the anticipated stocking plan. Hope that next week is the magic week. Even though I should have a major biofilter now, I'm still planning to only add a few of these at a time. Here are my global community requirements:

1 - COLORFUL (especially orange . . . . . but not every fish)
2 - Not all of 1 fish type; a few different breeds
3 - Some selection of 1 small schooling fish
4 - Guppies are a must as I just think they are cool

Given those conditions here is my current wishlist, with loose plans to add in the order shown:
(A)
2 Nerite snails --- type recommended by LFS
5 Harlequin Rasbora
(B)
2 Guppy (male)
(C)
1 Mickey Mouse Platy or Orange Platy
2 Ghost shrimp --- type recommended by LFS

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I''m not a stocking expert but that looks pretty good to me, you'd be fully stocked though and wouldn't be able to fit anything else in there afterward. Good luck. :D

if you like guppies alot replace the platy with another female guppy and you could raise fry!

I do like guppies, but I'm not interested in breeding fish. Tank is probably too small for that, and it's in my office. Just wouldn't have the time to devote to it.

Im not liking the harlies in a 10g. I have 10 in my 30 and they are so active and not exaclty small either. How about 6 chili rasboras? They are small, school and are orangey red! So pretty

Oh and try male Endlers. I think they are way prettier than guppies. They are also smaller

Back
Top Bottom