10 Gal. tank..just a quick question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgarMedina1010

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have my 10 gal. tank with 6 neon tetras and 2 otos ....could i be able to fit 1 or 2 more otos?..i really like them and do a good job cleaning..

With a tank that size you could get 1 and possibly 2 more otos. It depends on how many plants you have and you may need to feed them something more than just the algae in the tank.

gheitman said:
With a tank that size you could get 1 and possibly 2 more otos. It depends on how many plants you have and you may need to feed them something more than just the algae in the tank.
well i would say that its kinda- heavily planted......and what kind of algae do they usually eat?... and i also feed them algae-sinking chips once in a-while.........

They will eat green algae off the glass and plants but not so much thread or black brush algae. If you feed them algae wafers as well then you are in pretty good shape.

ok thanks , for all the replies..i will go shopping on saturday and will buy 2 more otos and more algea wafers, does anyone recommend any especific ones?

Back
Top Bottom