10 gallon advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I kinda feel it looks bare and need more rock whats everyone else's opinion and I think I'll buy more rock an maybe hermits tomorrow to start the cycle

I think it will definitely look better with more rock. fish will probably like it better too.

The guy was like ten gallon you don't need to much I'm like I want more whats your opinion he's like you should be good with that I guess he was trying to be nice save me money but I want a lot of rock!! How many more pieces you think? I'm just worried I can make it look cool I'm a perfectionist ! And I shouldn't have the light on unless I'm checking things out right?

The guy was like ten gallon you don't need to much I'm like I want more whats your opinion he's like you should be good with that I guess he was trying to be nice save me money but I want a lot of rock!! How many more pieces you think? I'm just worried I can make it look cool I'm a perfectionist ! And I shouldn't have the light on unless I'm checking things out right?

no lights during the cycle, although i've never cycled with anything living. i'm sure the crabs will be fine without the light cycle for a while. Just buy some more rock and if you're not happy with it get more your next visit. It's really preference.

Well I know people by the ammonia chemical I don't wanna use chemical I know some use raw shrimp in a pantyhose I'm not having my room smell so I'm gonna do something hardy. This young guy at the lfs said he takes care of rich people's tanks and they used tangs to cycle!!!

Well I know people by the ammonia chemical I don't wanna use chemical I know some use raw shrimp in a pantyhose I'm not having my room smell so I'm gonna do something hardy. This young guy at the lfs said he takes care of rich people's tanks and they used tangs to cycle!!!

Ive heard anywhere from 1lb of live rock per gallon to 2 lbs per gallon! Right now I have about 15! I think it's perfect! But I agree, it's preference!

Ive heard anywhere from 1lb of live rock per gallon to 2 lbs per gallon! Right now I have about 15! I think it's perfect! But I agree, it's preference!

I heard the same and I want more as well it looks better with more rock it looks to plain and bare without it

So I bought more live rock today and the guy who takes care of saltwater tanks convinced me to buy snails and hermits to cycle the tank which threw me off cause of what I read on here but an I then came to the conclusion there's more then one way to bake a cake and I hope this works ?

You don't need the snails yet but if you already got em then.. They'll eat algae and you won't have any for a little while. The hermits can be fed teeny tiny bits of chopped up raw shrimp every day or so during the cycle. There certainly are a ton of ways to cycle a tank. I don't believe there should be one "right" way to do it. Just be sensible and let it take the time it requires and it should be more or less okay. The slower you go the easier it'll be in the end.

You don't need the snails yet but if you already got em then.. They'll eat algae and you won't have any for a little while. The hermits can be fed teeny tiny bits of chopped up raw shrimp every day or so during the cycle. There certainly are a ton of ways to cycle a tank. I don't believe there should be one "right" way to do it. Just be sensible and let it take the time it requires and it should be more or less okay. The slower you go the easier it'll be in the end.

I hope so how long should I keep the lights on so algae grows for them to feed on. The sponge in the back is so the filter was more up straight good idea or bad?

Attachments

• image-1547770947.jpg
    image-1547770947.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 81
Is that just sand on that hermit crab?

Attachments

• image-3421289164.jpg
    image-3421289164.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 98
Haha don't worry dude! I'm sure you're fine! :) all shells are like that! Mine have purple, green, and white all over! :)

I've just had bad luck as I'm trying to save up for my tank I've had to spend 410 on my car then 285 today to fix the window it sucks so bad. I live in Florida I should of just went to the bait shop and got a bait shrimp lol

Can you get live saltwater bait shrimp?!! Might be fun for a cycle. Yeah, the sponge should be fine unless it soaks up water and drips. I use anything that works to adjust the tilt of my HOBs. Usually two sided tape and a piece of plastic or cardboard.

Can you get live saltwater bait shrimp?!! Might be fun for a cycle. Yeah, the sponge should be fine unless it soaks up water and drips. I use anything that works to adjust the tilt of my HOBs. Usually two sided tape and a piece of plastic or cardboard.

Yeah at a bait store if I asked for just one it probably be free haha

What is that?!?! Haha

Attachments

• image-3693359826.jpg
    image-3693359826.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 84
That's what I'm saying! I just hope it's a good thing. Maybe Marvin the Martian was in the live rock tank made a home in there and I brought him him maybe some sort of hermit

Wow! Mantis shrimp! They strike very fast do not touch it with your hands. They will eat all inverts and some smaller fish. You will wanna get it out using a net and make a tank specifically for it or take it to your lfs and see if they'll give you some credit. Depending on the species it could be very expensive.

Wow! Mantis shrimp! They strike very fast do not touch it with your hands. They will eat all inverts and some smaller fish. You will wanna get it out using a net and make a tank specifically for it or take it to your lfs and see if they'll give you some credit. Depending on the species it could be very expensive.

It will definitely eat my inverts? I don't have the time to take it to the lfs with my work schedule dang a cool thing turns into bad.

Back
Top Bottom