10 gallon advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My dad who messes with my stuff and doesn't listen to me unified my filter for whatever reason so it's been off for I don't know how long should I be worried?

You're still cycling, so not a huge deal. Just turn it back on. I'm not quite sure what "unified" means in this case, though. I'm assuming an auto correction error. :)

You're still cycling, so not a huge deal. Just turn it back on. I'm not quite sure what "unified" means in this case, though. I'm assuming an auto correction error. :)

Was supposed to be unplugged haha

Do starfish count as a fish load?

No. The CUC doesn't count toward the bioload. Most are pretty small and don't contribute much to bioload anyways. And in addition, they help clean up some of the detritus.

No. The CUC doesn't count toward the bioload. Most are pretty small and don't contribute much to bioload anyways. And in addition, they help clean up some of the detritus.

Cool I really wanted one I still don't know what I want fish wise everyone does goby and clown I want to but wanna be more original

Input on my aquascaping anyone?

Attachments

• image-226142354.jpg
    image-226142354.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 60
Input on my aquascaping anyone?

You should stack your rocks to make more caves. Anything living in there will love it! :)

Don't get an anemone if you want a starfish. They eat them! Also, make sure you get a starfish that won't eat your other fish. :)

You should stack your rocks to make more caves. Anything living in there will love it! :)

Don't get an anemone if you want a starfish. They eat them! Also, make sure you get a starfish that won't eat your other fish. :)

Haha yeah we wouldn't want that or else I would of kept the mantis shrimp lol

Agree with the stacking of the rock to make caves and crevices. Fish feel safe if they have somewhere to dart to to hide. If they don't feel safe, they get stressed, and stressed fish=ich. When you're stacking rock, place it like it would land if it fell there, but make sure it's sturdy and won't actually fall!! Lol. Large pieces on bottom, smaller on top.

Agree with the stacking of the rock to make caves and crevices. Fish feel safe if they have somewhere to dart to to hide. If they don't feel safe, they get stressed, and stressed fish=ich. When you're stacking rock, place it like it would land if it fell there, but make sure it's sturdy and won't actually fall!! Lol. Large pieces on bottom, smaller on top.

The problem with that is my rocks are all kind of similar in size

Am I about where I wanna be at?

Attachments

• image-2956241287.jpg
    image-2956241287.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 63
Ten percent how do I do one can is it like freshwater or can I take a gallon water from the top of the tank and put a gallon back in I'm so excited

I'd do bigger than 10% and just syphin out as much as you plan to put in. Some people do 100% water changes after cycles.

I did ten and I'm on my way to the store is that gonna be a problem?

As long as your nitrates are under 20 you can add a fish. I don't remember if your doing coral but usually less than 5 before you add coral.

zhuber said:
Am I about where I wanna be at?

Yups. It would be the ideal time to add some more rock if you can spring for it.

Personally, I'd only get one fish for a 10 gallon. You will have a far easier time with the tank and you could always add a shrimp for diversity. I never kept more than one in my 10 and it was the best decision I made for it.

Back
Top Bottom