10 gallon aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquariumlover10

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 4 guppies, 1 up side down catfish, 1 dalmatian molly and 2 dalmatian molly fry I think in a 10 gallon aquarium with a 55 gallon filter what fish do you recommend. :D :fish1:

Here's what i got.
You're overstocked. You would need at least 3 upside down catfish, the male:female ratio rate for the guppy is 1:2 to not experience as much problems.
You're catfish will quickly outgrow the tank, i suggest re-homing it.

Last edited:
were so setting up a 55 gallon African tank and I'm going to put the catfish in it. and none of them are full grown yet.

I'm thinking about buying a 1.5 gallon breeding tank under $20. what store do you recommend.:ROFLMAO:

IMO I don't like (almost hate) when home aquarists breed fish for fun. Yo need to think about what you are going to do with the fry, like food, housing, getting rid of them, etc. Don't mean to be harsh but you really need to fix your current tank before buying a tiny 'tank'.

A 1.5 gallon breeding tank IMO isn't a good idea. That will be stocked with barley and fry with no room for them to grow. If you are interested in breeding, get another 10 gal. On craigslist there's always some for like 25 bux. Agree with over stocked

IMO I don't like (almost hate) when home aquarists breed fish for fun. Yo need to think about what you are going to do with the fry, like food, housing, getting rid of them, etc. Don't mean to be harsh but you really need to fix your current tank before buying a tiny 'tank'.

I'm going to sell them to petsmart.

Back
Top Bottom