10 gallon Betta community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco11771

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just got home with my new Male King Betta who will be going into my 10 gallon with 6 Neons.

Im running a tetra whisper 20 with bio foam and balls, tank has been cycled for a while now but Im wondering if I could add some Corydoras...

My LFS is somewhat limited on stock and does not carry pigmy corys so I was wondering if I could get away with some Juli's ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421371183.736769.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421371192.302706.jpg

Excuse the Neons, their hiding behind the centerpiece

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's a crap shoot. Some Bettas are happy-go-lucky and just get along with everyone, but some are very solitary.

Before I changed my 10 gallon to a cherry shrimp tank I had a betta with 3 corys and 5 neon tetras and they all did great together. My betta was friendlier than most and sometimes swam with the tetras.

Betta has been in the tank for 10-15 minutes, so far he's been exploring and minding his own, occasionally chased the tetras but their to fast for him and I think he'll learn that eventually

The red Betta that you see in my avatar is a hellion. He attacks anything with fins; therefore, he has his own 10 gallon tank.

Lol yeah Im considering just leaving the stock as is, maybe add another tetra or two down the line but I'd rather not run the risk of losing fish like Cory's because of the betta

I had Coreys in a 12 gallon with my betta and he killed all of them ?

Each Betta is different.

FYI most julii Corys are actually C trilineatus.

Honestly I wouldn't keep full size cories in a tank less than 20g. They like to be in groups and they can be fairly active especially if they spawn. Since you already have other fish in the tank I don't think an appropriate size group of cories would be a good idea unless they're a dwarf species.

Back
Top Bottom