10 gallon clown fish tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOMA

Aquarium Advice Addict
im thinking of upgrading my 2 gallon to 10 and putting 2 clown fish in there with maybe a clown goby? would this work?

thanks,
joma

just oc's, fake or real, will it make a difference? and would it be smarter to get a goby that will sift the sand?

IMO percs or ocellaris (a pair) would be good in a 10G, the YCG might be pushing it if you wouldn't be into weekly PWCs

IMO percs or ocellaris (a pair) would be good in a 10G, the YCG might be pushing it if you wouldn't be into weekly PWCs

do they sell clownfish in pairs or do you have to know how to determine a male and female and get one of each?

and i dont mind PWCs, and i test water a lot

I think it'll work and the difference is slim. As for the clown goby, I think it's entirely up to you, I don't think it would be smarter and in a tank that small you should get what you really like.

And yes. They do sell pairs, but if you get two little ones one will grow larger and become female while the other will become the smaller male

I didn't mean a mated pair necessarily. But what would happen is if you got two of close size (males) they would fight somewhat until one became dominant and turned female.

Though I suppose you could get lucky and grab a male and female, most people suggest buying them with one being larger than the other. Buying a mated pair IMO would be a waste of extra money unless you wanted to breed clowns, but that's a whole different beast

When I had a pair I just bought the two together though, no mind to gender or anything.

JOMA said:
would 2 male clowns or 2 female clowns be bad?

Yes. Very bad actually lol. They get aggressive towards other fish when they pair off. Just purchase two junivilles (with one being slightly bigger) this way its easier for the dominant one to change sex to a female and they pair. Its cheaper than buying a pair im pretty sure.

-Dylan

about how long is juvenile? like inches wise so when i purchase i know what to go for.

You can usually tell off the bat. They are usually say 2 inches long? I could be a little off.

-Dylan

I agree, anything around or under two inches. It's usually pretty easy to find tiny ones. Smaller the better

alright thanks! that wont be for a while though so i will keep on reading! loll

1-2 inches? That sounds big to me, when I finally find a nice true perc clown I'm hoping for under an inch!

Does a matted pair spawn well in a 10 gallon? Just curious.

-Dylan

Sounds good. There are several other small gobys that you should look at depending on your love for the clown goby. Like a twospot or a dartfish

Back
Top Bottom