10 gallon clown fish tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
iDreamInSaltwater said:
1-2 inches? That sounds big to me, when I finally find a nice true perc clown I'm hoping for under an inch!

Isn't there a slight size difference with percula and occellaris ?

-Dylan

i said yellow clown because i know my LFS gets a regular supply of those

Huh. I'd keep our rule but maybe go for under two inches to be safe. Like I said, small as you can get

i actually like the colors better (google images) and arent they cheaper?

im watching finding nemo and i think they are ocellaris clownfish loll

well i hope to start buying the stuff for the tank this weekend! im gonna buy in like wavesish lol

Yep, Nemo and his father and whatnot are ocellaris or false perculas. I'm a perc guy because of the extra black it just looks awesome to me.

And yeah I know you're limited on budget, and a 10G tank from walmart is like $15 including tax

i know. which sucks but i dont want to waste any money, saltwater fish are expensive (compared to my usual fw)

Definitely true, the cheapest SW fish I know are damsels, around here for like $4. Whereas you could buy neons or guppies for a buck + change

i wanna get the tank, salt, and another light (just one to start with) this weekend. i already have a canopy that takes 2 screw in bulbs and a 50 AC HOB

Sounds like a great start. For a nice reef light later on look into the Current USA Nova Extreme, it's a nice 2-bulb T5HO fixture to support almost whatever you'd like!

Back
Top Bottom