10 gallon coldwater tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok guys so I might be getting a 10 gallon coldwater tank and have thought of the following
8 white clouds
15 ghost shrimp
What other coldwater fish would be good?(ps, I get them from petsmart)
Thanks!

Mmm, I think 8 white clouds would be over stoving an 6 would fully stock it, I would go with an aoxie instead for CW

Ok I'll go with you, 6 WCMM, what else? Something like a snail, or crab? Or would an African dwarf frog be good?

What temps are you shooting for, asfd need upper 70'S I think, mabye hill stream loaches if you have a high current

Well, I don't plan on a heater, my house probably gets around 65 at the coldest, or do you just recommend going tropical?

Well if I was doing a 10g CW, I woul go with a hard scape with lots of river rocks and a power head an get some blue fin hill streams and a school of WCMMs, tropical 10 g are cool but are old hats for me I guess.

Yea I know, that's why I wanted a cold water

But don't hillstream loaches need at least 30 gallons? And petsmart doesn't have them
So this is it for the moment
5 WCMM
15 ghost shrimp
What would be like a centerpiece fish, and I heard rubber lip plecos like cold water

Yea I know, that's why I wanted a cold water

But don't hillstream loaches need at least 30 gallons? And petsmart doesn't have them
So this is it for the moment
5 WCMM
15 ghost shrimp
What would be like a centerpiece fish, and I heard rubber lip plecos like cold water

Lol I have no idea, I just started researching them for my tropical then found out they were CW hehe my bad. Petsmart doesn't sell any cold water center pieces i believe and I would not do any plec in a 10g, they get to large an have a huge bioload

Hmm, ok I was planning maybe 5 WCMM's, 5 long finned WCMM's, 20 ghost shrimp and call it? Let the ghost shrimp breed?

Hmm, the ghost shrimp need more research to see if they will breed in CW, I believe to low can kill them, I would go with one school or the other also, that would be 10 3 in fish on a 12 ft tank, not much swimming room

I think 10, 3" fish would do good in a 12 ft tank lol

The tank is 20 inches by 12 inches by 15 inches I think, and WCMM get to top 1.5 inches

be careful with the ghost shrimp you get at pet smart some of them can grow 5 inches and aren't true ghost shrimp. that is why they are 26 cents, they are meant for feeders.

be careful with the ghost shrimp you get at pet smart some of them can grow 5 inches and aren't true ghost shrimp. that is why they are 26 cents, they are meant for feeders.

I think thats pushing it.... I have heard about the aggressive part but on the 4+ forums im on and multiple "aggressive ghost shrimp" threads there has been not a single person say they get up to 5"

Back
Top Bottom