10 gallon decoration....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thutton33

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have bought a 10 gallon tank for my Girlfriend as she really enjoys my 75 Gallon.

I got her Various Breeds of guppies (Her Favourite Fish) and I am wondering if anyone has a 10 gallon (or small tank) that is decorated to be a fake saltwater tank (Coral etc.)

I am trying to get pictures and ideas.

Thank You

FWIW, i would personally stick with FW decor for a FW tank....

however, dried and treated dead corals, brightly colored rocks/decor, and such can be found at most LFS.

You can even buy rock that looks like LR, that has somehow been colored greens, greys and purples at my particular LFS.

when I get home tonight, i will post you a pic of my smaller tank. it is FW, but very bright and cheery. white sand substrate, a few plants and a very cool pair of pots.

You might like it.

Here are some fake saltwater corals: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/NavResults.cfm?N=2004+113541

Even a dead coral skeleton can change your freshwater parameters. These fake corals are made from a type of plastic (it says what they are made from on the website) and won't change your parameters. If you have guppies with long fins, be careful of some of the corals with the longer "spines" that might catch on the fins.

here is my smaller tank

dsc00829smcj2.jpg

dsc00831smtm1.jpg

dsc00838smvh9.jpg

The ornament (pots) were purchased at petsmart.

Here is my larger tank:

dsc00840smps6.jpg

hope this gives you some ideas. they aren't very saltwater-y, but maybe will give you ideas that you can do a nice tank without salties =)

good luck

You can get all kinds of decorations at chain pet stores. I bought a fake rock stack that looks real. I don't use it now though....I'm all natural. I just love the look of live plants so much better.

They have some cool looking fake rocks and those pot things...if I did the decorating thing instead of the live plant thing, I'd go for those.

I also think having fake coral stuff in a freshwater tank is a little unique. I'd go with FW stuff in a FW tank.

Also look on ebay for stuff.

It depends on the tank really. My tank at home is all natural and goes for the "this is what you find in nature" look.

My betta's little tank to my left (he says hello... ;) ) is all bright colors and, in all honesty...silly. Gator seems happy though (He's a Gator fan. Blue fish. Orange tank & gravel)

I work so hard on my tank at home but I don't want any maintance other than water changes here in my cube. And since fake plants look fake to me...why not just decorate the tank instead! :)

Back
Top Bottom