10 gallon nano-reef coming together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok guys here's my stocking list. Is this good?
?????????????
- aurora goby ✔️
- black clown fish
- possum wrasse

I love clowns is it ok for 1 in a 10 gallon?? Thanks!?

Ok guys here's my stocking list. Is this good?
?????????????
- aurora goby ✔️
- black clown fish
- possum wrasse

I love clowns is it ok for 1 in a 10 gallon?? Thanks!?

You don't have the filtration on this tank to support that bio load. 2 fish max, and I agree with macscale on the clown.

I have a refugium and the pump is for a 20 gal

I'm sorry a .5 gallon breeder box is not a refugium. It will grow macroalgae and assist minimally in nutrient removal. However, in order for a refugium to truly be beneficial it has to be large.

Still not much. Like I said it will help but minimally. I'd stick to two fish. When I had my 10, I kept trying 3 fish and it never worked out. I learned my lesson and just stuck to 2 and it was fine

Still not much. Like I said it will help but minimally. I'd stick to two fish. When I had my 10, I kept trying 3 fish and it never worked out. I learned my lesson and just stuck to 2 and it was fine

+1. As always great advice. If you want more fish, you need a bigger tank, one of the draw backs of running nanos. Focus more on inverts than fish, since a 10 can't support much, but you can keep all the cool critters that get lost in larger tanks.

I have a skunk cleaner, 5 sexy shrimp, porcelain crab already and plan on adding another 6-8 sexies (they prefer odd groups, and the more in the tank the braver they are) and 2 pom pom crabs. That's for my 10

Ok. But what will the pistol shrimp do? Will he hurt the sexies or Pom poms? Or should I not get a pistol? What do the sexies need?

The pistol/goby relationship is cool, but you rarely see them IME. They can choose where there burrows are and you may never see them. I would honestly take the list of inverts I gave you earlier than a pistol any day. The variety and personality of the others greatly out weighs the symbiotic bond if a pistol and a goby and watching them dig, because that's all they really do

Back
Top Bottom