10 gallon reef process

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have any experience with it personally but have seen some videos on you-tube you could reference. The main point I have seen is to not pop it, if you can remove the rock from the tank if possible and that Emerald crabs may help eat it but are not a guarantee.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Also have an update. Moved rocks around to accommodate my new coral! Got my 1st leather, Atleast that's what it was sold as lol, I'll post pics.

Also found this disturbing worm in tank, can it be harmful?View attachment 256447ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416841429.145886.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416841459.014017.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416841489.163749.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks, I know :) how does the leather look? At the LFS they had a huge one in a display tank and said this one would look like it eventually but idk. I can't get it to stay in one spot, it keeps falling.

I definitely need to get some of that!

It is a need when you own a reef :)

So if I glue them into the rock, will I be able to get them off if I want to move them around or are they stuck there?

Just cut the base off like your fragging that's what I do then usually the part that's still on the rock turns into another coral

Ok gotchya. Does hot glue work? I read online some people use the gel based kind with no problems.

Also stopped at petco for Black Friday, they had 25% off all saltwater fish, corals, and inverts. Picked up a nice colony of orange zoanthiads
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417217282.863925.jpg

Was wondering if I'm doing something wrong with my leather coral, as it still seems to not be opening up. I've moved it all over the tank trying to find a spot it likes. Here's what it's supposed to look like and u can reference previous pics in the thread to see what mine looks like ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417217397.172221.jpg

Leathers can take a little while to open up completely, up to a week if transport was rough or acclimation was not ideal. Just give it some time in a medium to high flow, medium light zone, and it should open up soon. Good luck!

Also, not moving it around too much is key. You just have to give it time in one spot.

Also, not moving it around too much is key. You just have to give it time in one spot.

Okay thanks! When I do my next water change Sunday, I'll move him to a medium flow medium light spot and just let it do it's thing lol. I guess he hasn't rlly gotten a chance to settle down. He hasn't stayed in a spot for longer than 3 days.

No problem! Tank is off to a great start w/ coral. Good luck!

Thanks! Motivated myself to do the water change today. Perched leather about mid way in rocks with medium flow like you said. Also leaned zoanthids up against the rocks instead of it sitting flat on sand bed since coral banded shrimp kept walking on it and the heads would close up. Hopefully that will discourage him from walking on it.

Also really interested in a hammer coral. Almost bought one yesterday but the price tag held me back. I've read they can be aggressive towards other corals, would it be a bad match for what I have?

Full tank shot of everything. How's it look? Is my coral placement good? :) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417390223.430623.jpg

Back
Top Bottom